• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

3D Interactive Traveller Scout Ship

This immediately makes me wonder about the potential for being able to create 3D deck plans for all kinds of Traveller small craft/big craft and starships as immersive environments.

Sure ... start "small" with the Type-S ... before moving on into creating deck plans for other starships as well.
Just need a "common library" of 3D elements to populate the deck plans with and then it's time to start assembling.

This immediately makes me wonder about the potential for being able to create 3D deck plans for all kinds of Traveller small craft/big craft and starships as immersive environments.

Sure ... start "small" with the Type-S ... before moving on into creating deck plans for other starships as well.
Just need a "common library" of 3D elements to populate the deck plans with and then it's time to start assembling.
Stay tuned, I'm just getting started..
;)

There are some great existing map-making tools (e.g. Dungeon Alchemist) for easily creating 3D environments without having to learn 3d modeling, and translating them into 2D maps suitable for VTTs or tabletop games... but they're currently very heavily fantasy-biased in terms of the assets available for them. Hopefully that will start to change.

There are some great existing map-making tools (e.g. Dungeon Alchemist) for easily creating 3D environments without having to learn 3d modeling, and translating them into 2D maps suitable for VTTs or tabletop games... but they're currently very heavily fantasy-biased in terms of the assets available for them. Hopefully that will start to change.
Am I the only one here who just imagined an asteroid-hulled yacht with medieval-punk interior decor? Stone decks and partitions, wood-paneled doors, LED lanterns, and holo-vid fireplaces?

So it's just me then. Ok.

Thanks for the kind feedback.

My intention is to make a minimum viable product of a traveller-themed MMO, maybe convert my Cosmic Drifter RPG Maker project to 3D
I haven't messed with it in a while, and should go back to it. Just a matter of health and time...
But here's my flirtation with that:

Back