• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Alternate way to get the 100 diameter limit?

In my opinion, interplanetary maneuver drives are ... underappreciated ... by most Players and Referees using Traveller.
Not all "adventures" need to be interstellar, or require jump drives. :rolleyes:

Sometimes it can be quite interesting to have a "maneuver only" campaign setting within a single star system. 😳

Depending on "how things go" in the campaign, you can always "upgrade" to being interstellar with a starship later ... :sneaky:
I could probably finish one or two of my ideas for a "maneuver only" campaign if this pesky thing of taking kids to events and picking up kids from events would stop for a day or two. :rolleyes:

A system with a lot of locations for activity plus a reason for the PCs to keep moving without jumping. Something like Route 66 in a shuttle craft. Or an alternative is to have the old "We can fix you jump drive but we have to order the part from [NAME]. Take 3 months to get. The good news is that the shipping is included in the price. Just need you to sign here to authorize and we'll message you when it comes in so you can bring the ship back to the yard."

Leave them with a now what do we do situation.

If you have onboard a manoeuvre drive with inertial compensation, it wouldn't even matter if there was a hole in your bucket.

I guess it would, if you replaced that with reactionary rockets, since you'd need it to vent, and you'd use a percentage of the contents as propulsion. Would inertial compensation matter? Acceleration would be greater than tidal forces, so the general direction of the flow would still be towards the rocket exhaust, even without a pump.

Back