• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Games Systems

I've been thinking about writing a "netbook" for playing Twilight: 2000 using Gurps 4th edition.

Partly because I think that Gurps being a more realistic system that D20 would be better for T2K that D20, and partly because I like the Gurps system better than D20.

So do you think that anyone would be interested in playing Gurps4E-Twilight: 2000?

Hi

I have been planning to use Gurps 3rd Edition using the Special Ops book as the basis. The only thing that stopped me is the lack of vehicles in the various Gurps books.

I have managed to get some from Pyramid - Hummer plus Blackhawk along with some others.

I would be very interested if you did, as I am running a Twilight/Infinate Worlds Campaign. Basically Twilight-1 is an alternate world where it all went to hell.

Most systems are more realistic than d20, including GURPS. That said, I don't think GURPS is very realistic. GURPS is very detailed, but that's another thing.

T2K system looks fine to me.

My friend Bob Murphy ran an excellent contemporary adventure game using 1st Edition T2k rules. IIRC, we called it "Twilight 1989".

I've been thinking about writing a "netbook" for playing Twilight: 2000 using Gurps 4th edition.

Partly because I think that Gurps being a more realistic system that D20 would be better for T2K that D20, and partly because I like the Gurps system better than D20.

So do you think that anyone would be interested in playing Gurps4E-Twilight: 2000?

I've wanted to do it, but I haven't really had the time to.

I was thinking the template ideas from the older SpecOps book that had specific scores for certain schools. I like the modular design idea there.

I'd be willing to throw in some input, but I don't have the time to take the point on anything (I'm active duty Army and at a SOF unit, so they keep me pretty busy).

Back