• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Lishun's Dukes

GypsyComet

SOC-14 1K
Lishun has five March (or "Short") Dukes, and a full compliment of Subsector Dukes. That suggests there is more going on than just a few Vargr pirates. Twenty-one Dukes...

Thoughts?

You could be a duke due to being promoted within the nobility dues to IN service, but lack a place in the Imperial government since you have no subsector - yet :)

If they are on the UWP for the sector, they are Moot members, and High Nobles. There are just more of them than there are subsectors. This usually means that there is some special district, issue, or potential issue that warrants high level Imperial oversight. Proximity to the Julian and/or Vargr border might account for some of them, similar to what you see in the Marches.

Nobles without a "place" aren't High Nobles. They're the Honor Nobility, aka the Emperor's Own Labor Pool.

My next step is to see if Lishun is unusual in this regard. I know some of the other core sectors are lower density, but I haven't looked at all of them yet.

Back