• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Stalled project that may be of interest and some one can finish

snrdg082102

SOC-14 1K
Hello all,

I have be trying to design a ship to honor Donald McKinney's efforts in bring together all the material that Traveller has generated. Unfortunately, I have not gotten any further than a general description which is as follows:

Donald McKinney-Class Multi-mission Research vessel.

The vessel has a large section of the hull devoted to spaces that can be modified for any type of research. One of Donald McKinney's projects was his Integrated Timeline which is an attempt to bring together the various Traveller dates into one document. One of the ship's of the class would be fitted out to store the timelines of various worlds.

Hull maximum 5,000 tons, TL 14, Jump 3 to 5, Maneuver 2 or 3, Power Plant the same size as the J-Drive.

Donald McKinney worked behind the scenes consolidating the CT, MT, TNE, T5, and other Traveller rule sets. One of the projects was an Integrated Timeline that he announced on his Traveller site was in the hands of Mr. Marc Miller waiting for release. Based on his efforts my background fluff started something like this.

The Donald McKinney-Class is named in honor Director of The Imperial Library's, little known but important, Archival and Research Department Donald McKinney.

Unfortunately, my attempts at going further has hit a wall. The first is not feeling comfortable enough with any construction rule set to build the design and the second is fleshing out the fluff.

Hopefully someone will be able to get something done with the kernel of the idea above.

Respectfully,

Back