• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Timelords

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kafka47:
I know this is way off. Has anyone intoduced the Gallifreyians into their campaign.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't no. But I always thought that the Books 1 - 3 rules would work well as a basis for a Dr. Who style game. Every adventure would be on a new planet with vastly different characteristics. No need for a starmap because the Tardis can go anywhere. Indeed for much of the show the Doctor has no real control over where he winds up. And since the Doctor and friends rarely get into combat you can easily sidestep the less than perfect combat rules.

------------------
I am increasingly of the opinion that RPGs are by the nature of their creation subjective phenomenon. due to the interaction between game designers, game masters, and game players all definitions, rules, settings, and adventures are mutable in acordance with the uncertainty principle as expounded by Heisenburg. This is of course merely my point of view.

David Shayne

[This message has been edited by DaveShayne (edited 04 September 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kafka47:
I know this is way off. Has anyone intoduced the Gallifreyians into their campaign.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's really no point. The only normals who ever see a Galifreyan more than once (other than their companions) are the ones with low special effects budgets who spend lots of time in British rock quarries...

If I want highly talented strangers to appear from nowhere, fix a problem that was undetectable before they appeared, and vanish thereafter, I'll use JSB personnel or introduce the Hong Kong Cavaliers to my universe...

Originally posted by kafka47:
I know this is way off. Has anyone intoduced the Gallifreyians into their campaign.
Yes, actually, I have made Gallifreyans as a race/group in a game I ran for a long time. Basically, I was running a Doctor Who game, without books just dice, characters and imagination. We had a great time.

Somewhere I even have the character creation system for Timelords for CT. If I can find it I will figure out a place to put it on the web so others can see my folly.
omega.gif

I played in a Dr. Who campaign about, err, 15 years ago that was essentially a Traveller campaign in disguise (lots of time spent in the future, little/none in the present or past). It helped turn me on to Traveller and has affected to this day my view of what a sfrpg campaign should be like.

Well, after digging around some boxes in the garage, I found some of my note for creating Time Lords and Gallifreyans in CT. I started the project in August 1983, and revised it in August 1984 and August 1985. Must have been summer break from college. The notes are fragmented, but I know at one time I had a complete enough set that I was running a game with Time Lords in it. If anyone is interested, I can type up the data I have and make them available. With a brief amount of work I might even be able to flesh out the basic character creation set. The advanced (aka Mercenary style) would take a bit longer to finish.
omega.gif

Back