• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

What are your favourite Imperial sectors?

What are your favourite Imperial sectors?

• Total voters
I've run games in the Marches and the Solomani Rim, mainly in the Rim. I once rolled up non-canon worlds in Verge in preparation for a sequence of games that never materialized.

If I was to run a game again I have definite ideas of a series centered around the Empty Quarter/Hebrin and its Saeghvung-Turley-Exile Run.

Pirates to coreward! Gangs to the rim! Down the Saexile run fly my hearty band of vagabonds! ;)

I have a fascination with rifts and the potential situations and hazards that one can encounter in them. I see a rift, and my inner Spock says, "Fascinating..."

My players were no strangers to finding themselves stranded in the abyss, but they nearly always found something out there.

If you stick with the original version of the Spinward marches and use the version of the Imperium presented in the early adventures then it makes for a pretty good setting.

I dislike sectors detailed on a world by world basis. Even the Traveller Adventure left a lot of worlds for the ref to detail,

I love the Dark Nebula (Aslan! Solomani! What's not to like?), but if I have to choose an Imperial sector, then the Trojan Reach/OutRim Void, ala A4: Leviathan. This is a very cool frontier, ripe for exploration, intrigue, and piracy.

The Spinward Marches have always been a good starting place, especially for starting new players. A nice variety of worlds, tech levels and small empires. Every direction passed through different racial groups such as Zhodani, Darrian, Vargr, Aslan, Droyne, along with several minor races. Five Frontier Wars along with Darrian/Sword World border skirmishes to keep things interesting. Add in Ancient artifacts and Good old Grandfather Yaskoydray in his pocket universe to throw the tech standards in a spin should keep things from getting too boring for a couple decades.
There is still room outside mapped areas a few sectors away for me to design and populate a new sector with many small political groups of a few planets with balancing alliances and pocket empires to keep mercenary groups, pirates, Royal admirals and Corporate Directors of multiple races in migrane and heart attack medicines for centuries. Add merchant ships trading cargos across borders with importation of higher tech items and the tech for raising tech levels of different types. The size of jump capable ships will depend on tech levels as they depend on range. Lots of book keeping, but that is what computers are good for.

Trojan Reaches and Reft for me. Love playing in the Borderlands area, and that was before "Pirates of Drinax" and the expansion of the region.

Subsector 268 and Five Sisters in Spinward Marches comes in close second.

(To be honest though, my current campaign has run three years, and the party has visited the next planet outwards in the same system once [for an adventure that lasted about one month in game time] and has otherwise, stayed and explored the campaign homeworld, so Sector is not so important as an interesting world)

I had a soft spot for the Hinterworlds, which I discovered through Challenge Magazine's articles. Lots of independent, competing powers, nice mix of tech levels.

Back