• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Rules Only: Who has good rules for VACC Suit breaches or damage?

Spinward Scout

SOC-14 5K
Baron
Has anyone put together rules for VACC Suit breaches or damage? Or are they in an adventure or supplement somewhere? I'm surprised there aren't any in Shadows.

I could probably work some up if no one has any:

1.) Suit Material Rip, Cut, or Hole
2.) Power Fluctuation or Outage
3.) Thruster Malfunction
4.) Life Support Misfunction
5.) Faceplate Crack
6.) Communications Interruption

That makes a nice 1d6 table.

Any other ideas?

I’m under the impression the MgTs do a pretty good job of quantifying environmental/radiation damage.

Diaper malfunction would be ugly. Life support subset I guess.

Electronics in general would be key, but I think that can be subsumed in power/thruster/life support/comms.

I would probably reclassify thruster as EVA malfunctions. That would cover mag boots, tether lines and flight computers in addition to thrusters.

Has anyone put together rules for VACC Suit breaches or damage? Or are they in an adventure or supplement somewhere? I'm surprised there aren't any in Shadows.

I could probably work some up if no one has any:

1.) Suit Material Rip, Cut, or Hole
2.) Power Fluctuation or Outage
3.) Thruster Malfunction
4.) Life Support Misfunction
5.) Faceplate Crack
6.) Communications Interruption

That makes a nice 1d6 table.

Any other ideas?
There are a whole series of mishaps listed in CT M2 Beltstrike on page 5 of the "Belter's Handbook" that cover similar ground and might give food for thought. Vacc Suit ruptures are bluntly straightforward: incremental damage to the occupant (1d6 first turn, 2d6 second turn, 3d6 third turn, and so on), with a DEX roll to get a suit patch on the leak and presumably Vacc Suit or Zero-Gee skill as a DM to both avoid the tear in the first place and fix it in time.

I’m under the impression the MgTs do a pretty good job of quantifying environmental/radiation damage.

Diaper malfunction would be ugly. Life support subset I guess.

Electronics in general would be key, but I think that can be subsumed in power/thruster/life support/comms.

I would probably reclassify thruster as EVA malfunctions. That would cover mag boots, tether lines and flight computers in addition to thrusters.
Definitely!

I'm going to make tables for each area.

There are a whole series of mishaps listed in CT M2 Beltstrike on page 5 of the "Belter's Handbook" that cover similar ground and might give food for thought. Vacc Suit ruptures are bluntly straightforward: incremental damage to the occupant (1d6 first turn, 2d6 second turn, 3d6 third turn, and so on), with a DEX roll to get a suit patch on the leak and presumably Vacc Suit or Zero-Gee skill as a DM to both avoid the tear in the first place and fix it in time.
Thanks! Looking at Beltstrike next..

Here's the new setup. Trying to make them 1d6 tables.

EDIT: If I get 6 in each table, I could make it a d66 malfunction table.

Still a work in progress.

1.) Suit Material
2.) Power
3.) EVA Propulsion
4.) Life Support
5.) Faceplate
6.) Communications

Suit Material
Rip, Cut, Hole, or other Rupture
Fall Injury
Weapon Damage
Micro-meteor Strike