• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

1980 AMC Eagle

parmasson

SOC-14 1K
Calling all gearheads! If anyone has time I wondering if they could they do me a favor. I may have to take away the players air raft and I want to "replace" it with a vehicle that looks just like a 1980 AMC Eagle!
Here are the specs:
1980 AMC eagle 4.2Liter, six cylinder engine, 16 mpg, four wheel drive, air shocks giving up to a 3" boost, 3 speed manual trans. 110hp, weight 3,500lbs.
Diesel would be preferred, electric is good too. Any help converting this to CT or MT would be really appreciated. Game is on Sunday and I am working every day until then. :(

An image in case you forgot!

[edit] Max TL 7-8

Didn't those have 4 wheel drive. Lived in snow country and my neigbors on top of the hill had one. After soem readign yeah they are cool in a utilitarian sort of way. I woudl say TL7 because it state of the art then maybe even 8. Is this an answer to gravless traveller I remember writing traveller without grav here is your station wagon. Sorry I am nto a gearhead woudl just guess and wing it. Maybe take a standard groudn car write up and decrese the top speed a bit add 4 wheel drive and a bit of space for cargo.

Yep, just gonna use the basic "ground car"

General Products Mark VII
Six cylinder 4.0 liter internal combustion engine
640km range
90 liters diesel fuel
Max speed 150 kph
Cruising 100 kph
Five speed manual gearbox

Specially designed to be a rugged off-road vehicle for developing worlds. Control systems are manual steering and hydraulic disc brakes. All other controls are electromechanical. Dashboard slots and power outlets are available for standardized modifications. The body is constructed from an incorruptible steel alloy and body plates are made from the same material. Windows are manual and made from a shatter resistant plastic.
Two foreword facing head lights and one driver's side spot light.
The vehicle comes in two variants a sedan and wagon.
A trailer hitch is installed

The vehicle comes in two variants a sedan and wagon.
A trailer hitch is installed

4-door Sedan, 2-door Sedan, Wagon, & Hatchback.
And a custom-order was available for a convertible model!*

1984-amc-eagle-classic-vintage-1.jpg

10797106-1981-amc-eagle-thumb.jpg

AMC_Eagle_AMC_Eagle_4x4_Wagon_Jeep_eBay_1411078797.jpg

112117-1981-AMC-Eagle-Kammback-1-630x420.jpg

* https://amcsundancer.wordpress.com/2014/03/15/1981-82-amc-eagle-and-concord-sundancer-convertible/

I'd pick something the Soviet Union / some Communist country made. Maybe a Traubant or a Lada. Really make them suffer with a very basic, badly made, car. The Lada does have the advantage it's nearly bulletproof as the body is made from like 1/8" plate steel. :rofl:

Eh, nowadays I'm using the MgT2E vehicle rules to cook up a fast CT/Striker car, and just take the generated stats over.

AMC Eagle looks smaller then an Air/Raft, so let's call it 3.5 dtons, 7 spaces.
I'm going with the rarest of the rare, the 1980 AMC Eagle Turbodiesel, mostly because of that ridiculous fuel tank, range, and increased torque.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_Eagle#Turbo_diesel
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...he-worlds-rarest-amc-eagle-hides-in-colorado/

For this vehicle, base cost Cr750 per space. Base speed 100-200 kph, base range 400 km.

Giving it offroad capability (+Cr100 per space), fuel efficiency trait x4 (200% range at 100% greater cost, inline with the apparent cost of the Eagle TD option), 1.4 space fuel tank for another 50% greater range, 4 spaces for 4 passengers and 1.6 space cargo. No extra armor.

So that's a 4-passenger 150kph top speed/100 kph road cruising/50 kph offroad 4 passenger rough ground utility vehicle with 1.6 space of cargo (like 40% OF a dton), with a range of 1400km.

Armor is base level, treat as Striker armor 2 and for CT Cloth for melee weapons and Mesh for guns.

Cr850 x 7 x 2= Cr11900.

ATV on the cheap, and actually affordable with muster-out money. Or a leftover vehicle thrown in with a used starship or air/raft replacement for those scouts not in favor with the local Detached Duty bureaucrat.

The CE vehicle designer is a bit more detail oriented for fiddly vehicle work, and I know someone posted a CT vehicle design/fight rules that look really good and I would use if I didn't already have Striker.

I didn't put in any radio or other geegaws, I'm assuming this is a 'roughing it' sort of vehicle spec.

Last edited:
Why get an AMC Eagle when you can buy a BTR 60 for around $17,000 right now...? :eek:o:

http://www.mortarinvestments.eu/products/armoured-vehicles-4/btr-60-8

http://www.russianmilitary.co.uk/details.php?id=165

No kidding! These are some of many companies that offer used APC's for sale. So, in Traveller, I'm sure if you're on some moderately high tech (7 +) world with a pop of say 7 or better you probably could find one or more such vehicles available in "average" (aka you better have a good mechanic and parts source) condition available for sale.

Cr5000 cost difference?

Also, a full ATV is 10 tons, this is 3.5. It matters for ships tight on space or the tonnage is better used hauling cargo.

Last edited:
Back