• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

MGT Only: 5,000-ton battleship

Brandon C

SOC-13
Unlike the earlier designs, this is still in progress as I am not sure what HG capital ship rules I will change or ignore. This is the TL 15 version.

5,000-ton battleship

The battleship is capable of 4G acceleration, jump-3 and has a factor 5 power plant. Fuel tankage of 1,930 tons supports one jump-3 and 6 weeks of operation. Thirty tons of fuel are reserved for the small craft. The bridge and adjacent fleet command bridge has holographic controls and is hardened, with three Model 7/fib computers. Electronics include military countermeasures, enhanced signal processing and a distributed array. There are 80 staterooms and 20 low berths. Five briefing rooms, 4 armouries, 4 laboratories and a library are also provided. The ship has 50 hardpoints, with two large meson gun bays, one large particle beam bay, 26 particle beam barbettes, 10 triple beam laser turrets and 10 particle beam turrets. Three meson screens and three nuclear dampers are installed. The ship has stealth and armor 15. Armoured bulkheads protect the drives, armaments and bridge.The ship's small craft include, in full hangars, four 30-ton ship's boats, four 20-ton multi-role fighters, and five 10-ton maintenance pods. Cargo capacity is 91 tons.

Crew is a captain, first officer, 3 pilots, 3 navigators, 5 engineers, 62 gunners/screen operators, 4 medics, 4 fighter crew, 17 boat crew, 13 flight mechanics, 20 marines, 4 scientists. The extra staterooms are used for an admiral and his staff (when the battleship serves as a flagship). The ship costs MCr 4,259.38.

Last edited:
As always, nice desing. Just some questions:

1. You don't specify armor, though, being a battleship, I guess it has it...
  2. The 3 computers are as back-uips or you intend to have all of them working at once? See taht if they are core computers, you don't need more than one, and if they are not, any fire control programs will only affect so many weapons...

As always, nice desing. Just some questions:

[*]You don't specify armor, though, being a battleship, I guess it has it...

Armor 15, near the end of the main paragraph.

[*]The 3 computers are as back-uips or you intend to have all of them working at once? See taht if they are core computers, you don't need more than one, and if they are not, any fire control programs will only affect so many weapons...

One primary and two backups.

Not bad at all :D
It would make a nice solid ship of the line.

a possible variation on the ship would be to drop the 4 fighters and boarding craft, then use the space to add Flag bridge and extra crew for a Fleet/flotilla command ship.

A while back I posted a Flotilla leader and had some feedback. It gave me rough numbers for a command staff..which if I remember is about 20-25 people to have a full staff for a fleet/flotilla commander.

pssst and add a ton or two of luxuries...that old bird wont be eating the slop they feed the crew..and he needs his hot tub... :p

Not bad at all :D
It would make a nice solid ship of the line.

Thank you ;)

a possible variation on the ship would be to drop the 4 fighters and boarding craft, then use the space to add Flag bridge and extra crew for a Fleet/flotilla command ship.

I have allowed additional staterooms on the dreadnought and battleship for a flag staff, although the only working space provided has been briefing rooms. The command bridge (p.HG44) is along the lines of what would work for controlling a fleet, although I need to change it a bit (for example, since I am not dividing ships into sections, I'm not going to install two command bridges as the description would require).

Armor 15, near the end of the main paragraph.

It seems I overlooked it, then...

I have allowed additional staterooms on the dreadnought and battleship for a flag staff, although the only working space provided has been briefing rooms. The command bridge (p.HG44) is along the lines of what would work for controlling a fleet, although I need to change it a bit (for example, since I am not dividing ships into sections, I'm not going to install two command bridges as the description would require).

You could install an auxiliary bridge, usable either by the aldmiral staff Utaking profit of the communications and situation assesment facilities there) or as back-up as needed...

Another question: the low berths are thought for frozen watch, for casualties care or for both, as needed?

It seems I overlooked it, then...

Perehaps I need to locate the armor elsewhere. Maybe after the armament?

You could install an auxiliary bridge, usable either by the admiral staff Utaking profit of the communications and situation assesment facilities there) or as back-up as needed...

A compact bridge probably serves well enough as a backup bridge.

For ships 6,000 tons and less, a single 80 ton command bridge should be enough for fleet control.

Another question: the low berths are thought for frozen watch, for casualties care or for both, as needed?

I'm not sure. I just have a habit of installing low bertths ;) There really aren't enough for a full crew, although 20 should cover a minimum crew if you exclude gunners, small craft crews and marines.

Back