• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

A Nice Illustration of Scale...

They must have some wild summers around Antares.
toast.gif

Hi !

Mal, now that gives an even better oversight.
Thanks.

What I consider somehow fascinating is, that Antares "only" as around 17 times the mass of the sun.

regards,

Mert

Reminds of a T-Shirt that used to be produced by the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada in which a composite of the Milky Way dominated with a large arrow pointing to an insignificant speck which said: "You Are Here."

Good image but the host site is pretty wacked. Protocals of the Elder Zion & Supporting Ernst Zundel together with books endorsing the cosmic consciousness...please.

How far out from Antares would a planet need to be to sustain life? I'm picturing a red sun that fills half the sky

Crow

Actually, that's a good question. As I read Mal's article, it seems extremely unlikely that Antares would have planets at all.

And that, of course, begs a huge question about Antares and its role in the OTU.

Originally posted by Scarecrow:
How far out from Antares would a planet need to be to sustain life? I'm picturing a red sun that fills half the sky

Crow
... And how long would it take to get to the 100d limit? :eek:

Interesting. Altair is oblate. Is it a high rotational velocity? Or the influence of some close large bodies? Or uncertain?

Originally posted by ElHombre:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Malenfant:
Antares probably wouldn't have planets...
...unless the Ancients put one there so they'd have a great vacation spot. </font>[/QUOTE]If the Grandfather wanted to do that, wouldn't he put a ringworld there? After all in that case he could probably fit the entire population of the Known Universe on it.
(There would be little point in using a Dyson Sphere.)

Back