• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

CT Only: Adventures I'd like to run in an Official Traveller Universe game

Golan2072

SOC-14 1K
Admin Award
Marquis
If I'd ever run an Official Traveller Universe game, which published adventures I'd like to run?

The Argon Gambit/Death Station (DA3). The first is "24" in Traveller, the second is System Shock. Both look very promising; Death Station can be planted anywhere, and Argon Gambit wherever there are Solomani.

Chamax/Horde (DA5). The first is a Bug Hunt, the other is Starship Troopers combined with a 1950s B-Movie. Very promising. Can be easily dropped into whatever campaign area.

Ahriy Uprising (from Alien Realms). Aslan sci-fi dig on an airless moon. What's not to like?

The Casteless (from Alien Realms). Droyne. And Cults. Could be transplanted anywhere with no much effort, despite the fact that originally this is set on Vanejen.

Research Station Gamma (A2). The world and its submarines are cool, and so are Chirpers.

Twilight's Peak (A3) - Interstellar Treasure Hunt; only if running a Spinward Marches game.

Prison Planet (A8) or its Mongoose version. Prison break!

Murder on Arcturus Station (A11) - a murder mystery fitting any asteroid belt. Could be dropped almost anywhere.

Siege (Challenge 25) - would work perfectly in my Outer Veil setting in addition to OTU backwaters.

Swift Water (Challenge 32) - finally set on a non-standard world (most adventures I've read are set on worlds with breathable atmospheres). Nice change!

Shadows (DA1). The map and setting themselves are cool, even if the adventure is lacking in detail. More puzzles and maybe a few more secrets would make it into a good adventure.

Dagger on Efate (JTAS 8) - could be a very nice miniature wargame scenario (for Tomorrow's War, mayhap?).

GERIA Transfer (JTAS 10) - industrial espionage; would best work on a Mars-style world (with the "storm" in this adventure being made into a dust-storm).

Last Flight of the Themis (JTAS 16) - MORE industrial espionage!

Without a Trace (JTAS 18) - Belter intrigues.

Raid on Stataorlai (JTAS 20) - Aslan politics and intrigue!

There is a really good 'hidden' adventure.

Read the backstory to Marooned/marooned alone - the bit that tells you what has happened to get you into the lifeboat.

It would make a pretty good adventure in its own right.

There is a really good 'hidden' adventure.

Read the backstory to Marooned/marooned alone - the bit that tells you what has happened to get you into the lifeboat.

It would make a pretty good adventure in its own right.
Might add Marooned to the list as well, INCLUDING its backstory.

I always wanted to convert the Cyberpunk 2020 adventure duology Firestorm (Stormfront and Shockwave) into Traveller/3I. It would take a darker Imperium, with the nobility and the megacorps more closely and selfishly aligned, and could wind up (if the impact on the setting were to be as great in the 3I as it was in CP2020) as an alternate Shattered Imperium. Like the epic of the March Harrier (Traveller Adventure, IIRC), but cranked way up.

Back