• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Annotated PDF that comes with the audiobook version is a delight

Spenser TR

SOC-12
Admin Award
I can't really think of a better way to phrase it. Like having the "commentary track" on while reading through the book, it's very cool to see what Marc was thinking, references he felt were important to note, or how he tied in bits of his personal life into his writing.

In as much as our enjoyment of Traveller is about the setting and characters as much as it is about learning what Marc was thinking, I unreservedly recommend the audiobook package.

I can't really think of a better way to phrase it. Like having the "commentary track" on while reading through the book, it's very cool to see what Marc was thinking, references he felt were important to note, or how he tied in bits of his personal life into his writing.

In as much as our enjoyment of Traveller is about the setting and characters as much as it is about learning what Marc was thinking, I unreservedly recommend the audiobook package.

Is this an annotation of the book text? i.e. is it the book with extra footnotes that Just So Happens to be shipped along with the audio book? Or is it just a PDF of notes, without the associated book text?

Not sure about DriveThru... I got mine from FFE. It came with 2 discs, with audio and e-versions of the book, as well as a thumb drive I asked for ( because CD-ROMs? ) with the same material.

The annotations were in a PDF of AotI, present in footnote format. I'm using my iPad to page through and soak it all in.

Is this an annotation of the book text? i.e. is it the book with extra footnotes that Just So Happens to be shipped along with the audio book? Or is it just a PDF of notes, without the associated book text?

Yep. An annotated PDF of AotI. And various file formats of AotI without annotation. And other stuff, not in the original AotI book.

I backed it to maximum and this is what I got:
Agent of the Imperium Custom Bound First Edition Hardcover Printed Book plus Enhanced Ebook (including an inscription by Marc Miller). As your reward, you will receive the enhanced Ebook with additional material: starchart images, Traveller game-related appendices, and background material. You will receive a DropBox (or DriveThru) download link (in December) to the completed eBook in your choice of format: iBook, Kindle, PDF, or Nook. Then, we will send you the Custom Hardcover format printed book (about 6x9 inches) when it comes back from the printer in March.

Now it appears there is a new enhanced pdf that has annotations - and I must buy it again as an audiobook to get it, unless I am doing something wrong with the various ebook formats I do have access to.

. . . unless I am doing something wrong with the various ebook formats I do have access to.

You are not; the annotated PDF of AotI is v. 1.1. (It also corrects several minor errors in the original book, such as Margaret I's heir and brother being Paulo I, not Pedro as in the original book . . . )

Now it appears there is a new enhanced pdf that has annotations - and I must buy it again as an audiobook to get it, unless I am doing something wrong with the various ebook formats I do have access to.
The audiobook is a different product, that comes with various ebook formats of the novel.

I just want to find out if I have to buy the audiobook direct from FFE to get the up to date pdf or if there are plans to update the version that is still offered for sale on drivethru.

Back