• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Announcement: Beta Release of the Central Supply Catalog website

Central Supply Catalog Open Beta Release

The Central Supply Catalog is an online catalog providing the capability for referees and users to search / browse for equipment. The catalog currently contains equipment from Traveller5 and some items from the Traveller Wiki, with more to be added over the coming months.

The motivation for the project was to create a (hopefully) useful tool to support Traveller referees and players.

My heartfelt thanks go out to Marc Miller, Robert Eaglestone, Thomas Jones-Low, Ade Stewart, and Robert Pearce for their encouragement, support, and support for the project.

The Central Supply Catalog is available at https://trav-csc.com. The project itself is an Open Source project released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike International License and the source code is available at https://github.com/cmcknight/central-supply-catalog. The project also has a wiki and discussion forums for project-related items.

Happy Travelling!

Chuck McKnight

Very cool!
Assuming submissions are 'encouraged', is there going to be some sort of vetting system?
This thing could get very large, very fast.

Very cool!
Assuming submissions are 'encouraged', is there going to be some sort of vetting system?
This thing could get very large, very fast.
Submissions are absolutely encouraged. Right now everything is in JSON data files, but moving those to a MongoDB store would be relatively simple, and in fact, is already in mind in the roadmap.

I'm also open to having others work on the project as it's intended to be a community thing, not a private project, so anyone who has web dev skills, web design skills, art skills, etc., is welcome to participate in shaping the site. The repo is currently at https://github.com/cmcknight/central-supply-catalog but I will eventually move it to a dedicated Github account.

Tsk, tsk. You forgot the part about how if you do use the Jump Tape more than once it has a Mod -1 to the Jump for each use after the first with a garunteed misjump by the sixth use. :) Nice though. I dig it.

Tsk, tsk. You forgot the part about how if you do use the Jump Tape more than once it has a Mod -1 to the Jump for each use after the first with a garunteed misjump by the sixth use. :) Nice though. I dig it.
Well, I took what was listed in the 'product description' in the book. I'm not trying to replicate all of the rules because I don't want to impact any revenue streams for the publishers. 😁

I'm also looking for individuals who would be willing write more comprehensive descriptions for items so that the catalog can become more 'real' looking.

Well, I took what was listed in the 'product description' in the book. I'm not trying to replicate all of the rules because I don't want to impact any revenue streams for the publishers. 😁

I'm also looking for individuals who would be willing write more comprehensive descriptions for items so that the catalog can become more 'real' looking.
Good deal then.

Back