• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Avery: A question of timing

Gatsby

SOC-12
I am trying to sync my campaign (early fifth frontier war) with canon material, thus giving the players many options. I know it was detailed in the impossible to find 'Spinward Marches Campaign', but I lack such. So, i am trying to follow through by using the FFW gameplay and the canon News Service dispatches.

The question:

We are getting all confused as to time due to dispatch travel time. For example:
-----------------
Rhylanor/Rhylanor Date: 201-1107:
Word has today been received by fleet courier of the invasion of Regina, the capital of the Spinward Marches....coming only days after receipt of the news of the outbreak of the war, news of Regina's invasion is a heavy blow to hopes ....could sever the main communications artery to the Jewell subsector, and seriously hinder communication with fleet elements presumed to be fighting there.
------------------------
Now, exactly when did the Joes hit Regina? Do I have to take into account the message time-lag from Regina to Rhylanor? Or were the dates 'fudged' for style, and I should ignore travel time and Regina was hit on 201-1107?

Anyone got a timeline or map/detail for fleet movements? I got the players on Stellatio/Vilis on/about 220-1107.

Gats'

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gatsby:
Rhylanor/Rhylanor Date: 201-1107:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The aboe line tells us where the item initiated and when. So, the Navy released the data to the press (or perhaps a Noble did) from Rhylanor/Rhylanor/Spinward Marches on the 201'st of 1107. tracking the hops by navy courier (J6) rather than XBoat: Regina->Inthe->(Jae Tellona or Risek)->Rhylanor. Assume 8 days (7 in jump, 1 turnaround, minimum is 6+1/4, maximum is 8+2, + or - 2 per jump), 3 arrows indicating jump, 24 days. 177 + or - 6 days.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>
Word has today been received by fleet courier of the invasion of Regina, the capital of the Spinward Marches....coming only days after receipt of the news of the outbreak of the war, news of Regina's invasion is a heavy blow to hopes ....could sever the main communications artery to the Jewell subsector, and seriously hinder communication with fleet elements presumed to be fighting there.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is probably a bad omen. (But we know the outcome..
wink.gif
)

------------------
-aramis
=============================================
Smith & Wesson: The Original Point and Click interface!

Back