• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

General Can anyone else reach https://www.farfuture.net?

I have tried a few times today and from California USA both the home page and various subpages are opening up for me fine.

Wonder what is causing the blockage. Curious. :unsure:

I just tried the link above again and got:

I turned my VPN off and it works fine.

I'll have to try different sites on the VPN and see if any work at all.

I wonder if it has to do with something financial.

That could be it. When I am on my Work Laptop using our VPN I can't get to DriveThruRPG but once the VPN is off it works. (y)

In my case it might be because Korea, I don't know if there's something on the website or from KT that runs both my home internet and work internet that's freaking out.

I'll try tonight with US selected on the VPN options.

I'm beginning to believe this is a Digital Ocean vs VPN provider issue. People have had trouble reaching Far Future, the Wiki, and Traveller5.net ever since they've been moved. Usually with the same kind of DNS related server not found issue.

I can't reach the site. Im getting a DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN message. I also have periodic difficulties reaching this site.

I'm beginning to believe this is a Digital Ocean vs VPN provider issue. People have had trouble reaching Far Future, the Wiki, and Traveller5.net ever since they've been moved. Usually with the same kind of DNS related server not found issue.
I’m not certain it has anything to do with VPNs unless it’s something on the server end (I know nothing of computers). I only use a VPN on my home desktop.

The desktop in my office has the Korean government local network thing (and I’m pretty sure blocks this site because it’s a forum) but that doesn’t affect my phone or home pc.

And today it works with the VPN on. That's crazy. I have to be honest, I get some weird stuff that happens with my Internet.

Is there anything specific you want us to try?

One last report:

Tried several times today, Saturday July 06, 2024 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 10:30 PM Pacific Coast time (California USA).

Tried from both Desktop home computer and work laptop just connected to WiFi.

It always seemed to work both home page and several sub-pages.

I hope folks can figure it out. (y)

Back