• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Children of Earth

For those of you who were able to get a copy of the original Traveller Chronicle series, or have since downloaded the material from the web site, I would be curious about reaction to it both in terms of the story and the implications of its development. Is it something that people would like to see more written about?
http://www.siscom.net/~hdhale

In case you have no idea what I'm talking about here.

--h

[This message has been edited by Harold D. Hale (edited 13 October 2001).]

Originally posted by Harold D. Hale:
For those of you who were able to get a copy of the original Traveller Chronicle series, or have since downloaded the material from the web site, I would be curious about reaction to it both in terms of the story and the implications of its development. Is it something that people would like to see more written about?
http://www.siscom.net/~hdhale

In case you have no idea what I'm talking about here.

--h

Personally, I'd love to see more material on the COE. It would be very interesting to sit back and watch the COE and the Vikings make contact... ;'>

This would be the only thing I'd really be interested in from a new "New Era".

William

I readily used COE in my TNE campaigns, however, I had a wide area of high vampire activity which restrained the COE from great expansion until they found the dormant Ancients wormhole interstellar highway network (which sounds great but was highly unreliable as the COE & Regency never had the technology to direct the conduits thus producing highly random and less disirable results) also constraining the COE was the emergence of the Kafers from 2300AD.

Great setting, I am glad that the website is up and running again. Hopefully you and MJD will be able to work together to produce a newer darker TNE. As the TTC was too obscure for most people to notice its publication, at least here in Canada. As I cannot even remember were I got mine it certainly wasn't a FLGS...

Dear Mr Hale,

Just seen the new(ish) webstite, like it alot, hope MJD and you are in contact.

Great to have you back on board.

Elliot

Harold, your Children of Earth setting is wonderful material, and I would like to appeal to the Powers That Be to consider officially adopting this as that time period's version of the Solomani Rim.

Allen

I have always been a Terra Uber Alles fan and would like to see a development in TNE concerning what happened to Terra. The COE line fits the bill nicely, except the psionics the prophet had. Did the public find out by 1248? Would or should there be a new attitude of psionics? The original articles written did not talk about coreward development, just spinward and rimward. Would they interact with the Coalition or whatever it is turned into by 1248?

As I remember canon, psionics are fine on Terra because the Psi Institute buried under the Great Pyramid in Egypt (Trav Digest location) was not disbanded during the Psionic Suppressions.

This would allow many more psi's to be on Earth than anywhere else in the former 3I

Is there any working mirror of this website, which is dead fo several years? While 1248 has overwritten this, I am still interested in seeing how things might have gone otherwise.

To make myself clear, I like (generall speaking) what MJD did ith 1248, but I am interesting in alternate universes as well...

Is there any working mirror of this website, which is dead fo several years? While 1248 has overwritten this, I am still interested in seeing how things might have gone otherwise.

To make myself clear, I like (generall speaking) what MJD did ith 1248, but I am interesting in alternate universes as well...
After trying several now broken links and way back machine attempts that also lead to dead pages does anyone have a working current link to Mr. Hale's Children of Earth materials? Thanks!

Thank you. I’ve had the magazines with the setting for years (physical and later digital from drive through) but didn’t realize he was still writing for it years after it was published. Pity the Terran marine material wasn’t there but the articles that were there were excellent.

Are you looking for this?

(Moderators: This is the file that is missing from the Wayback archive. It is unmodified from what I downloaded 20 years ago. If this file shouldn't have been shared, please delete this post.)

Attachments

• Sol_Rim.zip
    337.5 KB · Views: 20
Are you looking for this?

(Moderators: This is the file that is missing from the Wayback archive. It is unmodified from what I downloaded 20 years ago. If this file shouldn't have been shared, please delete this post.)
Thank you kindly. Sorry for the late reply. My forum settings didn’t note your post, I simply came across it today as I was reading the forums. Thanks again!

No problem. I was kinda surprise to find I still had it, but then I am very much a digital packrat.

Back