• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Classic Traveller combat

I have a copy of Ahzanti now and would like to use some of the stats from this game but it does not include the melee wepons or natural weapons. Does anyone know of a JTAS or other source that will include those petration values? Or has anyone worked out a set of rules using the AHL rules for LBB?

I have a copy of Ahzanti now and would like to use some of the stats from this game but it does not include the melee wepons or natural weapons. Does anyone know of a JTAS or other source that will include those petration values? Or has anyone worked out a set of rules using the AHL rules for LBB?

There's a table in Striker that has AHL compatible melee and natural weapon penetration values.
Give me a little while and I can type it here...

There's a table in Striker that has AHL compatible melee and natural weapon penetration values.
Give me a little while and I can type it here...

Thanx, I am looking to come up with a smoother system that maintains most of the CT feel, I would like to use only rules from GDW. Call it being loyal to the canon, or being lazy...

Thanx, I am looking to come up with a smoother system that maintains most of the CT feel, I would like to use only rules from GDW. Call it being loyal to the canon, or being lazy...

Sorry this has taken so long.
</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">WEAPON Atk Rng Def Pen
Claws 0 1 -1 3
Teeth 0 1 0 4
Horns 0 2 -1 5
Hooves 0 2 0 4
Stinger 0 1 0 5
Thrasher 0 3 -1 8
Hands 0 1 -1 1
Club 0 1 0 2
Dagger +1 1 -1 2
Blade +1 1 -2 3
Foil +2 2 -2 3
Sword +2 2 -3 4
Cutlass +2 2 -2 3
Broadsword +1 3 -2 7
Bayonet 0 3 -1 3
Spear 0 3 -1 3
Halberd 0 4 -2 5
Pike 0 5 0 2
StafflCudge 0 2 -1 2
Hand Axe +1 2 -1 6
Battle Axe 0 3 0 8</pre>[/QUOTE]

Sorry this has taken so long.
</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">WEAPON Atk Rng Def Pen
Claws 0 1 -1 3
Teeth 0 1 0 4
Horns 0 2 -1 5
Hooves 0 2 0 4
Stinger 0 1 0 5
Thrasher 0 3 -1 8
Hands 0 1 -1 1
Club 0 1 0 2
Dagger +1 1 -1 2
Blade +1 1 -2 3
Foil +2 2 -2 3
Sword +2 2 -3 4
Cutlass +2 2 -2 3
Broadsword +1 3 -2 7
Bayonet 0 3 -1 3
Spear 0 3 -1 3
Halberd 0 4 -2 5
Pike 0 5 0 2
StafflCudge 0 2 -1 2
Hand Axe +1 2 -1 6
Battle Axe 0 3 0 8</pre>[/QUOTE]

One entire day Sigg!!!!?????!!!

How can we ever forgive you for the incredibly long time it took you to respond???!!! :rofl:

One entire day Sigg!!!!?????!!!

How can we ever forgive you for the incredibly long time it took you to respond???!!! :rofl:

Originally posted by Takei:
This is a good thread for basic CT combat.
Ok, here is what i came up with, tell me what you think, this is based on what Sigg does, which is similar to the armor drops dice and penetration rules, but what Sigg does is simpler and more playable becasue you dont have to worry about the weapons pentration versus range versus the armor. My variation on what Sigg's armor rules is this. Each armor set has 4 ratings Blunt, Cut, Kinetic, energy. Each armor rating is a negative number that is then subtracted from each dice that is rolled. So in the example Sigg uses, with the Gauss rifle doing 2,4,3,4 with its 4D damage, and the flack vest has a Cut value of -2( using cut value instead of kinetic because the gauss round is more needle like then ball like) the damage would become 0,2,1,2. The 0 would be dropped and the other 3 would be distributed as written. I am working on the stats for all the armor from the Mega Traveller book. The 4 ratings are for Blunt: clubs, hand, hooves, falling down a well; Cutting: Most of of the melee and creature attacks; Kinetic: bullets; Energy; lasers, plasma and fusion weapons.
Please let me know if you think this will work.

Originally posted by Takei:
This is a good thread for basic CT combat.
Ok, here is what i came up with, tell me what you think, this is based on what Sigg does, which is similar to the armor drops dice and penetration rules, but what Sigg does is simpler and more playable becasue you dont have to worry about the weapons pentration versus range versus the armor. My variation on what Sigg's armor rules is this. Each armor set has 4 ratings Blunt, Cut, Kinetic, energy. Each armor rating is a negative number that is then subtracted from each dice that is rolled. So in the example Sigg uses, with the Gauss rifle doing 2,4,3,4 with its 4D damage, and the flack vest has a Cut value of -2( using cut value instead of kinetic because the gauss round is more needle like then ball like) the damage would become 0,2,1,2. The 0 would be dropped and the other 3 would be distributed as written. I am working on the stats for all the armor from the Mega Traveller book. The 4 ratings are for Blunt: clubs, hand, hooves, falling down a well; Cutting: Most of of the melee and creature attacks; Kinetic: bullets; Energy; lasers, plasma and fusion weapons.
Please let me know if you think this will work.

Originally posted by Olschoolgamer:
Each armor set has 4 ratings Blunt, Cut, Kinetic, energy.

(...) Please let me know if you think this will work.
Yes, it will. We used a similar rule for a while in the Runequest II days, and the extra book-keeping wasn't intrusive at all. However, the rule sort of faded away, because it wasn't really adding much to the game in our collective opinion.

Originally posted by Sigg Oddra:
MT works really well - each weapon has a penetration rating and a damage rating.
Again, something similar we developed for our RQ-based Traveller games. Each weapon has a "pen" number, which is subtracted from the target's armour. Any remaining armour points reduce damage. Most melee weapons and handguns have a zero-rated pen, so this only affects high-powered weapons like rifles and energy weapons.

Originally posted by Olschoolgamer:
Each armor set has 4 ratings Blunt, Cut, Kinetic, energy.

(...) Please let me know if you think this will work.
Yes, it will. We used a similar rule for a while in the Runequest II days, and the extra book-keeping wasn't intrusive at all. However, the rule sort of faded away, because it wasn't really adding much to the game in our collective opinion.

Originally posted by Sigg Oddra:
MT works really well - each weapon has a penetration rating and a damage rating.
Again, something similar we developed for our RQ-based Traveller games. Each weapon has a "pen" number, which is subtracted from the target's armour. Any remaining armour points reduce damage. Most melee weapons and handguns have a zero-rated pen, so this only affects high-powered weapons like rifles and energy weapons.

Back