• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

MT Only: COACC Ordnance Rockets and Rocket Pods

snrdg082102

SOC-14 1K
Hello all,

I have checked the MT Consolidated Errata v2.21 (02/23/13) edited by Donald McKinney to see if there is an entry for the weight and cost of the 80 mm and 120 mm rockets listed on the COACC Ordnance Table page 69. There is a listing for the Guns sub-table on p. 69 but nothing for the rockets and rocket pods.

I have also checked out CT Striker Book 3 Design Sequence 9 and TNE FF&S Mk I Mod 0 (January 1994) Book III Munitions.

Using CT Striker Book 3 I was able to match the MT COACC of one 80 mm HE rocket Penetration of 14, weight is 1.4 kg at a cost of Cr3.5. Unfortunately I have not found how to determine the Damage or Danger (Space?) entries for rocket. CT Book 3 does have a way to determine the danger (space?).

Looking at the rocket pods table I have the feeling my weight for one HE rocket may be off.

Can anyone please provide me some resources so I can figure out the rockets weight and price?

Tom Rux

Hello all,

I have checked the MT Consolidated Errata v2.21 (02/23/13) edited by Donald McKinney to see if there is an entry for the weight and cost of the 80 mm and 120 mm rockets listed on the COACC Ordnance Table page 69. There is a listing for the Guns sub-table on p. 69 but nothing for the rockets and rocket pods.

I have also checked out CT Striker Book 3 Design Sequence 9 and TNE FF&S Mk I Mod 0 (January 1994) Book III Munitions.

Using CT Striker Book 3 I was able to match the MT COACC of one 80 mm HE rocket Penetration of 14, weight is 1.4 kg at a cost of Cr3.5. Unfortunately I have not found how to determine the Damage or Danger (Space?) entries for rocket. CT Book 3 does have a way to determine the danger (space?).

Looking at the rocket pods table I have the feeling my weight for one HE rocket may be off.

Can anyone please provide me some resources so I can figure out the rockets weight and price?

Tom Rux

I guess it depends if you are looking for something approximating the Real World when it comes to weapons, or for MegaTraveller's handwavium.

The 1.4 kilograms is equivalent to 3 pounds, or less than the 2.36 inch/60mm Bazooka round of World War 2, which weighed 3.38 pounds. As for costing 3.5 Credits, it is to laugh. You are, in theory, talking a shaped charged rocket here, not a .50 caliber machine gun round. Look up what the weight and cost is of a 2.75 inch/70mm aerial rocket, and scale up by a factor of roughly 1.3, and you might come sort of close.

As for the 120mm rocket, just look up the data on the Russian 122mm rocket.

Hello timerover51,

I guess it depends if you are looking for something approximating the Real World when it comes to weapons, or for MegaTraveller's handwavium.

The 1.4 kilograms is equivalent to 3 pounds, or less than the 2.36 inch/60mm Bazooka round of World War 2, which weighed 3.38 pounds. As for costing 3.5 Credits, it is to laugh. You are, in theory, talking a shaped charged rocket here, not a .50 caliber machine gun round. Look up what the weight and cost is of a 2.75 inch/70mm aerial rocket, and scale up by a factor of roughly 1.3, and you might come sort of close.

As for the 120mm rocket, just look up the data on the Russian 122mm rocket.

Thank you very much for the suggestion on how to derive the weight of a 80mm and 120mm MT COACC rocket.

Back