• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

CT Corsair (High Guard 2/Citizens) Deck Plans wanted

There are a couple other deck plans floating around.

Corsairs of the Turku Waste (Judges Guild, 1982) has a deck plan for the Type P and some discussion on how to design the Type P using Book 5. The design is basically a 2 deck rectangle with crew and bridge up front, carge midship (with cargo doors on the top of the ship), and engineering at the stern. I think Hunter still has a few copies in stock.

Traveller's Digest #15 has the Krimm's Paw, which is a one deck, somewhat wedg shape design.

Originally posted by Blue Ghost:
I just read the write up on the Corsair in Sup 4 (COTI), and my question is this; for what purpose was the ship originally intended? I can't see someone walking into a contractor's office at a starport and slapping down deckplans for a "commerce raider."

And on that note I always had a hard time with the Maraduer Class Commerce Raider in one of the FASA ship packets. That thing was sick.

Anyone got any idears for the backstories to these monsters? Originally yachts, free-traders (tramp-steamers)?
Well if you look at the AHL it is a Commerce Raider first and a Cruiser second. It carries 15 Ton fighters, which are useless against virtually anything except merchants. It only has 2G accelleration, useful for running down merchants but not nearly as useful against common Cruisers and other warships. It has a high Jump capability which is nice for fast reaction but less nice for actual combat capability because of the loss of tonnage for the extra Jump capability. It is nicer for getting deep into enemy territory, it is also nice to stay ahead of people looking for you.

The Chameleon had a back story, it was originally designed as a Q-Ship. Then copied by Corsairs. (Though it does have problems in terms of rules compliance.)

Most Corsairs have to be things that look like they belong. Effectively they have to be Q-Ships in Pirate hands. Anything that looks like a Pirate will be shot up so you have to look like something other than a Pirate.

Andy Hart (who has been at this for a long time)

Problem: The cargo bay of a 400 Ton Corsair: "cargo capacity is 160 tons". and
"The large clamshell doors can open to reveal the entire cargo bay: the ship can accept a 100 ton ship into it's cargo bay",

Try this on for size: Three words, Egg Eating Snake.
Something that can extend it's jaws to encompass a large item, and then remain quiesent, while it digest's it's meal.

Imagine opening a wide shallow cardboard box. It's depth is not impressive, but the opening leaves are quite large (and encompassing).

The description in Supp.4 doesn't state that the victim should be taken wholly within the Corsair, or that the Corsair should be Jump capable with it's victim encompassed.

One could take this further, and imaging the sloping rooves of a house as the cargo bay doors.
Folded one way, they create a pyramidal shape with huge volume (snake). Folded down in the correct sequence, they occupy much less space (Jump).
I'm not a mathematician. Can the pyramid be done, and still maintain atmospheric integrity?

Just a thought. Now over to you clever people.

I remember seeing some reference that the origin of the CT "corsair" was as a salvage ship able to recover 100t ships and make jump with them aboard.

Couldn't you make a living stealing and reselling Type S and Seekers to Mine companies? Come up, maybe have a short fight, get rid of the scout crew, use the extra 60 tons of cargo space in the corsair for a chop shop, sell the ship at the next stop to the next owner. They are worth millions...

Easier to hold up merchants for thier ships boat. Easier to get, chop shop & on-sell. Also worth millions. And doesn't involve leaving the comfort of your bridge & security provided by 4 hardpoints.

Back