• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Earth Sector

Earth Sector is currently targeting a Jan 4, 2020 release date. As part of the build-up for this new product, I'd like to give you a preview of what you can expect.

Here is a preview of Earth Sector. Map drawn by Ian Stead.

Look for more previews to arrive as the time draws nearer. Have a great weekend everyone!

Another preview of Earth Sector. This is Durga Subsector (Subsector C of Earth Sector). This subsector was colonized by the UK, China, Union of Scandinavia, and Canada. Arthur's World is an independent system.

Art seen here by Ian Stead.

Earth Sector will be available on January 4, 2020.

That lone colony of China in that one subsector must be pretty self-sufficient I hope.

Because it is really alone out there.

I assume that red, white, and blue flag with the single star is the United States?

That lone colony of China in that one subsector must be pretty self-sufficient I hope.

Because it is really alone out there.

I assume that red, white, and blue flag with the single star is the United States?

It is. It's also quite small as it's a forward operations base.

Yes, that's right. The US, after losing and gaining states over several years, decides to replace the field of stars with one large star. While that's a Liberian flag now, that won't be the case in the future.

The Scandinavian Union flag looks improbable.

We actually already have an old union flag:
320px-Flag_of_the_Kalmar_Union.svg.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalmar_Union

The Swedish-Norwegian union flag could possibly be used as a model:
300px-Union_Jack_of_Sweden_and_Norway_%281844-1905%29.svg.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_mark_of_Norway_and_Sweden

Here's another preview of Earth Sector. This is an excerpt from the section on new uplifts.

Earth Sector will be available from Independence Games in PDF on January 3.

One last preview, on the last day of the decade, for Earth Sector before it is released by Independence Games on January 3!

Souvenir Clone Corp logo by Charlie Balthazar.

Hello, does any government subsidize trader ships in the Earth Sector, please? Up till now it seems there are no profitable small trader ships in the Clement Sector.

Hello, does any government subsidize trader ships in the Earth Sector, please? Up till now it seems there are no profitable small trader ships in the Clement Sector.

The nations of Earth Sector do have their own ships that they use for national trade and for supplying their colonies. In Earth Sector, the nation-states control most of the profitable trade while, in Clement Sector, the larger corporations are who control the most profitable trade.

PCs who are attempting to use trade in order to make payments on a ship and buy fuel will find that it is impossible to do this. This is by design to encourage characters to find alternate ways of making a living (also known as "adventures").

So, no, is not the intent of the writer to have nations subsidize small trading ships. You, of course, as a Referee, are free to change this and do as you please.

Well, maybe Cascadians will secretly subsidize small traders operating in Dawn sector as the colonists are not fans of big corporations.
Those traders could also allow some small hidden support to some projects on Argos Prime I guess.

Well, maybe Cascadians will secretly subsidize small traders operating in Dawn sector as the colonists are not fans of big corporations.
Those traders could also allow some small hidden support to some projects on Argos Prime I guess.

That sounds like an excellent adventure!

Back