• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Fat Cat Owners Manual

I'd name mine "Shadow" for my wife's former ninja cat. The darn thing was very dangerous because he was black and night and big as a dog. She was the kind of cat burgers fear most because they'll trip over her and get mauled. She was the fattest cat I've ever seen.

One Shadow tale: In her youth, a pretty large kitten going on cat, before my mother-in-law could get her spade, she went into heat. At this particular time the house was relatively pet free, with only Shadow and a dog Pilgram (mostly a German Shepherd female). Having no males in the house, Shadow came on to the only thing roughly her size. Pilgram hid in various places the next two weeks and looked extremey put-upon.

See AFM, POH or Operations Handbook

You might try looking at a Airplane Flight manuals (AFM), or Pilot Operations Handbook (POH) for a real aircraft, or an Operations Handbook for an aircraft or ship.

Note: An AFM is the manual for a specific individual aircraft, including details that pertain to just that one (like installed equipment and weight and balance data) and is required for operation i.e. it must be aboard by regulation, and stays with the aircraft when sold, etc. A POH is the more generic reference-only document which applies to a class of aircraft.

-Pop

My apologies in advance for resurrecting a aged thread, but the question needs to be asked;

Any news on this project at all as nothing has been updated for a while. I would hate to think myself and others have paid out for nothing.

My apologies in advance for resurrecting a aged thread, but the question needs to be asked;

Any news on this project at all as nothing has been updated for a while. I would hate to think myself and others have paid out for nothing.

Not sure what you sponsored at, but did you get any of the electronic material? I got the PDF FT deckplans, and wallpaper, and DB Games "Ares Dragon" and "Venture" PDFs.

But no FT game book, no physical deckplans, nothing physical at all, and no updates in awhile.

Not sure what you sponsored at, but did you get any of the electronic material? I got the PDF FT deckplans, and wallpaper, and DB Games "Ares Dragon" and "Venture" PDFs.

But no FT game book, no physical deckplans, nothing physical at all, and no updates in awhile.

Just the poster, the links never arrived via email.

I pledged at $20 level.

Just checked through my digital Traveller stuff and no poster after all.

Never mind. I can live without that. Hopefully the book itself arrives soon, which is the important part.

I've Tried to Place an order but I don't seem to be getting through

Hello all,
If the makers of this fine product can contact me, you have another sale. I have been trying to contact you again since your reply to my order request and to date, I'm still waiting for the bill??

Very strange, most people can't wait to get a sale.

Anyway, still interested if there's still a chance of ordering a copy.

Got an email back from the design company and it does not sound re-assuring at all.

Non communication between partners, etc

There was more in the email, but I do not want to say what at this stage.

However do not expect your Kickstarter books anytime soon, which is very unfortunate :(

DRAT

By the sounds of that, the reason I probably havn't received an order bill, is that there's nothing to sell yet going by that update.

It is indeed sad to hear considering it achieved it's funding level on Kickstarter. Alas the actual printer details mustn't have been sorted before the project commenced. I hope it get's sorted shortly so it can become a reality as it looked really nice.

Got an email back from the design company and it does not sound re-assuring at all.

Non communication between partners, etc

There was more in the email, but I do not want to say what at this stage.

However do not expect your Kickstarter books anytime soon, which is very unfortunate :(

Thanks for sharing that, madmike.

Unreal, and indicates that they haven't even been truthful in the updates. That's it for me, no more purchases from D.B. Game Design and no more game-related Kickstarters unless the project is basically done (like FATE Core). The failure rate over the past year has been too high, and I just don't feel that many using KS for game projects know what they're doing or how to manage time, resources and money. I feel especially bad and p***ed that I promoted this particular KS on various boards.

AFAIC, anyone wanting to do T5-related projects now can fund it themselves, the old fashioned way. I'd rather give what little money I have to companies like Zozer Games or Spica who know how to run a business.

Just got this Kickstarter email today (ten minutes ago)

To all of our supporters -

As you are all aware, production and delivery is now several months behind schedule. I know all of you are eager to have the book in your hands, and I understand that these delays are frustrating.

There are no problems - financial, creative, etc. - with the Fat Cat project itself. I am sorry to say that the problems are all my own. My family and I have been going through some very difficult times since last September. My wife's mother passed away, we have been dealing with a loss of income, my own mother had a serious accident, and we nearly lost our house at the beginning of the year. I have also been looking for a second (or, ideally, a whole new) job to help get my family rightside-up.

I regret that these things have had an impact on the project, and on your Rewar ds in particular. Some of you have already heard a little bit about these difficulties, and everyone has been understanding and supportive. I appreciate that, and I am making time to get production back on-track and to keep all of you better informed.

Here's the project's current status:

All digital Rewards, except the Fat Cat PDF, have been distributed. The poster and deckplan sets are at the printers. Other printed Rewards and Extras - Certificates, Owner's Manual, etc. - are ready for print. I still need to finish the revised layout for the Fat Cat book. When that is done, I will send out the PDF and the book will go to print.

In anticipation, I am asking for everyone's mailing addresses now. You should be getting the survey from kickstarter soon (or already).

Again, I deeply regret the delays so far, and I want everyone to know that their Rewards are not in jeopardy and will be delivered as promised. I haven't forgotten about you, and my attention is refocused on finishing this project. I sincerely appreciate everyone's patience and support.

Thank you,

-Adrian

Looks likes things might might be moving again. I hope that is the case anyway.

Back