• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

TNE Only: FF&S p. 77 G-tanks

snrdg082102

SOC-14 1K
Evening all,

Below the Life Support Equipment is the notes on what the column headers mean and how the factors are applied.

Basic life support, extended life support, and the artificial gravity/G-compensators I don't have a problem with multiplying the values by the enclosed hull volume.

The listed airlock power, volume, mass, and price is for a single unit.

The listed values for oxygen tanks and masks are per crew and per passenger.

All other values are multiplied by the enclosed hull volume.

Why would a crew G-tank and/or passenger G-tank's power, volume, mass, and price be based on the enclosed hull volume in cubic meters?

The Consolidated TNE Errata does not have any entries for TNE FF&S Mk I Mod 0 p. 77.

Why would a crew G-tank and/or passenger G-tank's power, volume, mass, and price be based on the enclosed hull volume in cubic meters?

Reading it, each cubic meter of passenger or crew compartment cannot require 2 cubic meters of volume ... this is Traveller, not Doctor Who.
I am almost certain that the intent is that each PASSENGER requires 2 cubic meters, weighs 2 tonnes and costs 10,000 credits.
Each CREWMAN would require 2 cubic meters, weighs 2 tonnes and costs 1,000,000 credits.

My guess is that the "(pass)" and "(crew)" on the table was intended to convey that the unit was "per passenger" and "per crew".

Reading on, 2 cu.m. per crew/passenger agrees with the paragraph on aircraft:

Aircraft: For aircraft, the enclosed hull volume, in cubic
meters, for purposes of life support requirements, is defined as
the total number of passengers and crew multiplied by 2.

Morning atpollard,

Reading it, each cubic meter of passenger or crew compartment cannot require 2 cubic meters of volume ... this is Traveller, not Doctor Who.
I am almost certain that the intent is that each PASSENGER requires 2 cubic meters, weighs 2 tonnes and costs 10,000 credits.
Each CREWMAN would require 2 cubic meters, weighs 2 tonnes and costs 1,000,000 credits.

My guess is that the "(pass)" and "(crew)" on the table was intended to convey that the unit was "per passenger" and "per crew".

Thank you for once again for your assistance to one more of my questions.

I was guessing that the G-tanks should be per person, however I wanted to get another opinion. The reason is that I'm going through TNE FF&S is that T4 QSDS and SSDS both appear to have used TNE FF&S and probably TNE Brilliant Lances to set up a majority if not all the tables. Since I'm checking them out I'm also creating a spreadsheet specifically targeting the T4 QSDS and SSDS tables, unfortunately I'm jumping from one section to another which is slowing things down.

I can confirm that in T4 QSDS my checks on the jump drive, HEPlaR maneuver drive, and thruster plates do match with TNE FF&S design process.

Nuts, as usual I didn't check to see if there were other posts than what I had been notified by email before replying.

Reading on, 2 cu.m. per crew/passenger agrees with the paragraph on aircraft:

My guess may have been slightly influenced by the aircraft paragraph, but the main influence was the oxygen tanks and masks entry of the life support equipment table.

Thank you again for the help.

Back