• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Final Beta of HGS 1.1 (014) Now available

AndreaV

SOC-13
I've just uploaded the final Beta of HGS 1.1 (beta 014). This is the complete package. Excluding minor cosmetic changes and error fixes, this is version 1.1. This beta is a fairly major revision and if I've managed to add user definable components without making any errors I would be very surprised :*>

Added in this version are:
User definable components
Reporting of waste space
Some minor error fixes

You can find it at the CT-Starships list file area or my site at www.downport.com/amv

Andrew,

In light of my question in a topic below, could you add the Solomani fixed mounts to the weapons menu?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mjwest:
Andrew,

In light of my question in a topic below, could you add the Solomani fixed mounts to the weapons menu?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've looked into this before and oddly enough it turns out to be quite a major addition (basically in means adding another race to the program which is not easy). So not this revision, but I'll add it to the list for the next major revision.

I have downloaded the program and it seems to work fine. It looks great and I will be working with it to see how well it works.

Andrew,

While it is introduced as a Solomani design characteristic, they are not the only ones. (E.g. the Darrians use it too.)

(Not to get it included sooner. I just don't think it should be Solomani only.)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mjwest:
Andrew,

While it is introduced as a Solomani design characteristic, they are not the only ones. (E.g. the Darrians use it too.)

(Not to get it included sooner. I just don't think it should be Solomani only.)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh, I know, but AM8 does note that the Darrians only get to use them because of their close association with Solomani naval architects <g>.

The problem is that at the moment HGS has 4 racial variants hardcoded (as far as HGS is concerned they're just race 1, 2, 3 and 4), which modify the standard design rules. Adding in another racial variant (Solomani\Darrian) isn't easy due to my reluctance to abandon the relatively pure object model it uses.

[This message has been edited by Andrewmv (edited 23 July 2001).]

Back