• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Finally, I have a website is up

bryan gibson

Absent Friend
well, finally, I now have a website

Largely because A. I'm too cheap (or poor, or to put it another way, free hosting is free hosting) and B. Don't know diddly about HTML, I have gone the route of placing the site on MSN Groups, here:

http://groups.msn.com/ImagesStudio

Feel free to view the site, its open to public scrutiny. If you would like to join it, any from Coti are invited to do so, and once approved you may use the boards for chat and messages . (sort of a rump forum)

I will be displaying a variety of work there, its primary purpose being to display and showcase a variety of different work including, of course, Traveller.This will include SF, Illos, sketches, and even some intermittent webcomic stuff I'm doing.

Cruise the site, check it out, say howdy!

I like the, erm, difference between the clean and shiny bridge vs the somewhat haphazard jump drive. Also, the cityscape is neat.

And that proto-Aslan looks cute enough to cuddle.

Has anyone done stats for the Rumblefish SDB? Have to that say one of my favourite pictures is the marine lieutenant. Reminds me of the squad of marines facing off against the suit of battledress in the T20 Lite rules booklet. Also like the design (and idea of) the Sunburst Rangers. Any further info on them?

I'll also take this opportunity to say how much I enjoyed your work in T4's "Imperial Arsenal". Considering the somewhat limiting nature of the product (ie, pictures of guns) I thought you did sterling service and created some great work.

Here is the Rumblefish. as designed by Shane Maclean Of Coti Fame

Rumblefish Gunboat
Medium Spacecraft
TL13 (hull 15), MCr 78.6415, 100 tons. If the main power plant (or both main plant and main drive)
fails, this ship can use its reserve plant and rive to maneuver and fire at 1-G with agility 0 (AC drops to
25). If the only main drive fails, the boat can use its 1-G reserve drive to maneuver with agility 1 (AC
drops to 26). Crew consists of a pilot/navigator, an engineer, and a gunner.
Rumblefish Gunboat
Class: Spaceship EP Output: 13 (6 excess) – reserve 4 (0 ex)
Tech Level: 13 (hull 15) Agility: 6 (+6 EP)
Size: Large / Huge Initiative: +6 (+6 agility)
Streamlining: Streamlined AC: 31 (+6 agility, +15 armour)
Jump Range: None Repulsors: None
Acceleration: 6-G Nuclear Dampers: None
Fuel: 15 tons Meson Screens: None
Duration: 4 weeks Black Globes: None
Crew: 3 AR: 15
Staterooms: 0 SI: 100
Small Cabins: 3 Main Computer: Model/3 (Avionics M/1)
Bunks: 0 Sensor Range: Medium (Model/3)
Couches: 0 Comm. Range: Medium (Model/3)
Low Berths: 0
Cargo Space: 0.8 tons Cost: MCr 78.6415
Atmospheric Speeds: NOE 275kph
Cruising 525kph Maximum
1100kph
Other Equipment:
1x Triple Turret:
Double Beam Laser;
Attack Bonus +3 (+3
USP), Damage: 3d8,
Range Increment:
30,000km, and Single
Missile Rack; Attack
Bonus +2 (+2 USP),
Damage 3d10 (crit
19+) – Bomb
Pumped Laser
Missiles, Range
Increment:
90,000km.
Design Specification:
Installed Components Tonnage Cost EP
100-ton Wedge Hull 100 12 -
Model/3 Computer -0.3 12.6 -1
Flight Avionics - Model/1 -0.4 (0.9) -
Sensors – Model/3 -0.9 (1.8) -
Comms. – Model/3 -0.6 (1.5) -
Bridge -20 0.5 -
6-G Drive -17 8.5 -6
Power Plant (TL-13) -15 45 15
Power Plant Fuel (4 weeks) -15 - -
Armour (15) -16 0.0019 -
1 Hardpoint - 0.1 -
1 Triple Turret (1-ton weapons) -1 1 -
2x Beam Lasers - 2 2
1x Missile Rack - 0.75 -
Missile Magazine -1 0.1 -
Cabins (3) -6 0.75 -
Reserve Power Plant (TL-13) -4 12 (4)
Reserve 1-G Maneuver Drive -2 3 (-1)
Cargo -0.8 - -
Totals +0 MCr98.3019 (MCr78.6415 with 20% discount)

well, firstly, thanx to all that cruised the site, and thanks for the response! more stuff is loading about every day, so keep an eye peeled.

The gunboat stats were run up by Shane Maclean, and a good job too. The little vessel is a serious badass in space combat. Sure its no battlewagon,but for a ship its size? Its quite wicked!

Imperial Rangers were a concept used in my games, and given the interest I'll post a bit more here directly.I seem to recall some posts here on Coti where they were addresses in asmall way, but I dont remember specifically the thread.

Imperial Arsenal was an intersting job.The company wanted the pieces to show the weapons(a static subject to begin with) in use, but otherwise I had latitude. I appreciate the comments, as I was shooting for something that didnt look like Shotgun News classifieds.

Yeah, I'll me too. Nice work Bryan. I love ship interiors, though I do wonder if you assume the high tech tailored vacc suit with collapsible helmet - you don't seem to have any convenient place near the duty stations to store a full vacc suit or pressure suit with a hardshell helmet. Maybe all the bridge crew are meant to use life bubbles, but I'm thinking that's not a good idea for your bridge guys - you want them in suits and able to assert manouver control even at zero P if they get holed. Anyway, other than that, pretty damn sharp.

Vanguard: not currently, but thats always subject to change, depending on the market and like that.

Kaladorn: Valid point, but my assumption was always that the crew on duty would typically be in tailored suits, or suits of some sort anyway, and generally kept the hardhats on nearby hooks and the like. As to the helmet, actually, yes, the assumption on the tailored suits is is the collapsable helmets, usually housed in the collar of the suit proper.

Hi !

Great and very enjoyable work Bryan.
I really like the clear b/w style and the engineer sketches.
Thats really "Traveller".

Respectfully,

Mert

Originally posted by bryan gibson:
Kaladorn: Valid point, but my assumption was always that the crew on duty would typically be in tailored suits, or suits of some sort anyway, and generally kept the hardhats on nearby hooks and the like. As to the helmet, actually, yes, the assumption on the tailored suits is is the collapsable helmets, usually housed in the collar of the suit proper.
I rationalized that it was a high tech bridge, the crew were assumed to have tailored suits, and the bag/pouch on the back of the chair (or possibly pants-pockets on the suit) could store the 'soft helm' and gloves (or maybe the soft-helm is like a hood that stays attached hanging down the back).

Anyway, for a lower TL look, you might actually include a shelf with hooks or something on the back of the chair - something someone could reach back and get their helmet from while still strapped in in the case of a zero G, zero P, zero power disaster - they'd need to be able to do it in the dark, with no grav and air leaking out fast....

Nice work though

Great site. I like the Rumblefish gunboat so much I started modelling it in 3d. If you don't mind. It will take a while to finish. I have been on a modeling kick but have left texturing on the backburner. ( I jost got a new modeler)Great stuff.

Back