• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Finally, I have a website is up

Great site. I like the Rumblefish gunboat so much I started modelling it in 3d. If you don't mind. It will take a while to finish.

--------------

not at all, go nuts.Look forward to seeing it when its done.

Bryan

Originally posted by Madarin Dude:
Sorry abotu that I was working on the SDB. Not the rumblefish. Both are great designs.
You may find Ted Lindsey's lineart and modeling tests of that SDB design helpful.

jic you haven't already seen them:
http://www.tedlindsey.com/3d/

As for the Rumbafishy
file_23.gif
, there are also some deckplans here (link). I believe you'd have to join the MSN group for the full graphic.

-Casey

I'll have a go at the Rumblefish. It has nto been done yet in 3D. I will correct teh mistakes I made with the SDB model and make it sweeeeeet!

I do like your artwork, especially the ship interiors. The Rangers are a pretty cool concept as well.....IMTU that's what the Scouts are called. I like your idea there. Most excellent...I look forward to more.

Shiara

As for the Rumbafishy , there are also some deckplans here (link). I believe you'd have to join the MSN group for the full graphic.

The deckplans were by our very own Rhys Trask of Coti. Nicely done to, although the method he used escapes me -- you'd have to ask him for the technical details.

Credit where due!

Love the stats for the Rumblefish. Especially the auxilliary engine details - too often things like that are overlooked in designs. Couple of questions - Which came first, the Rumblefish or the SDB? There is a similarity of design hinting at a shared heritage. What size would the SDB work out at? Or am I missing some obvious reference to the T20 rule book here? And OK, I'll bite - who are the Chitt'rik? Whoever they are, I like their aesthetic design sense!

Love the stats for the Rumblefish. Especially the auxilliary engine details - too often things like that are overlooked in designs. Couple of questions - Which came first, the Rumblefish or the SDB? There is a similarity of design hinting at a shared heritage.
In short, the SDB. It was done as an intentional departure from the brick design so near and dear to every grognards heart. I have to admit to the sacriligeous amusement at how many peeps seemed absolutely determined to modify, justify or argue away that departure, when in a universe of antigrav and high tech the idea of a ship that used physics in its design as was so poorly recieved as it was as well as my the note that lifting surfaces (which the arms certainly are not) are essentially meaningless.

In essence, its just another design following the same stats, and for all intents and purposes I could never quite get in my head the theory that in a literally galaxy spanning empire that there would always be a wedgie scout, a 200 trader, and so on that were that limited in scope: I mean to say, in all the empire there are only what, twenty or so designs? nuh uh, doesn't make sense.There certainly HAS to be variations on a theme.

Take a basic fighter craft design: mach 2, totes missles and one pilot, glide path of a brick. That could as easily be a MIG 21 or an F4, both primo birds in their day, and did basically the same thing. Oh, there are finenss of details, but still in the broadest sense, fighter planes. And they look absolutely nothing alike.

In a game sense, as long as the stats are accurate it can look like ANYTHING.Any notion contrary is just opinion, and not rules canon. Basically, the SDB/Rumblefish were part of an effort to make ships look more "cool" and less like '80s NASA rejects.

So in that sense they both had a definitive heritage: too show a radical visual departure from norm, while still fulfilling similar functions. Actually, a wing of the RF SDBs as Shane statted them would be bad news in any context, they make great pocket attack craft and for their size are a match for larger ships.

Artist puts away soapbox now!

The Rumblefish was a another departure in an attempt to display the same basic sense of design philosophy. ( in my mind and campaign, both were the product of a Darrian design bureau, the SDB being imperial built where the Rumblefish was Darrian built.)

The Empire built a more spare vessel, whereas the Darrian vessles were more in line with that advanced culture's aesthetic sense. The SDB is a bit chunkier, more solid, a fullback or a boxer of a ship - whereas the Rumblefish is a more graceful craft that relies on dexterity and agility like a gymnast or dancer; and these were actually the metaphorical elemnts I wanted both to display.

What size would the SDB work out at? Or am I missing some obvious reference to the T20 rule book here?
well, the SDB is actually the very one in the T20 book..refer there for the stats.

And OK, I'll bite - who are the Chitt'rik? Whoever they are, I like their aesthetic design sense!
As Mark pointed out, they are an insectiod species in my Terran Praesidium Campign. Feel free to cruise that site at:
http://groups.msn.com/TerranPraesidium/_whatsnew.msnw

for more pics and Info.

Hope this helps!

Originally posted by bryan gibson:
As for the Rumbafishy , there are also some deckplans here (link). I believe you'd have to join the MSN group for the full graphic.

The deckplans were by our very own Rhys Trask of Coti. Nicely done to, although the method he used escapes me -- you'd have to ask him for the technical details.

Credit where due!
The deckplans were sketched into Photoshop after doing some very rough back of the envelope calculations on paper as to size and volume. I had intended to eventually redo the deckplans in autocad, but never got around to it.

Sorry about the lack of a pic up here. The picture is on my renderosity gallery. There I go by Dann-O. I ommitted the turrets it is one that is converted to civilian use. Bryan great site.

Back