• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

General General Weather Table

Temperature is probably the biggest factor missing from a UWP for standard planets. But since temperature varies depending on atmosphere, altitude, longitude, season, etc all on one planet, it's kinda hard to make up weather based on so little data. Earth's average temperature is about 15 C, but hardly anyone experiences that for long. I'm in the desert right now, and temps daily range from near freezing at night to ~20 C during the day. Flash flooding in a desert should be pretty rare (although it does happen!). I like RogerD's suggestion of making it part of the story depending on the planet. Warning players that a big storm is coming might give them ideas or mess up their plans if they don't take it into account.
I was going to say that Book 6, Scouts, give rules for all the temperature I thought, but in a quick glance, it does not. Heaven & Earth does all the temp stuff so it is probably from the world builders books (sadly I only have the Grand Census book). It does vary quite a lot

Back