• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Guns!

Guns!

• Total voters
Sorry Far Trader if you didn't see any humour in my previous post re Tac Missles and Ortillery:)

On a more serious note then... a pump action shotgun was allways my preferd weapon. Low tech, low law restrictions, hi damage in most rules variants if not all, and I like it's adaptability in that the last round loaded is allways the next chambered, so switching ammo types on the fly is allways fairly simple. Against more heavily armored opponents though the gauss rifle is my other preferred slug thrower.

Originally posted by Badbru:
Sorry Far Trader if you didn't see any humour in my previous post re Tac Missles and Ortillery:)
No no, my bad if I came across as humorless. I got a chuckle out of it and meant nothing ill by my own comment, just attempting (and failing) to add my own extremist grin ;)

personally i perfer a couple of Auto Pistols or an Auto Rifle. You know Colt .45s or an M4A1 carbine. eather that or an Uzi or MP5. oh DEagles are cool too.

now my friend prefered using an SMG and i let him use 2 at once beacuse i was thinking Uzi which is one handed unless anyone wants to argue its 2 handed.

I want any character of mine to have a long arm, side arm and at least a short blade.

If I am going merc I want a LAG as FGMP and PGMP are usually no available for civilian use.

For x-military types the ACR, Auto Pistol and Blade make sense as a minimum setup.

If you have the cash and availablity Guass Weapons. Laser weapons and snubs for thise who are going to use them primarily in space.

Recent real world trends have seen SMGs replaced by carbine variants of standard assault rifles (the M4 version of the M16 being a good example) because of the increasing effectiveness and prevalence of body armor.

Originally posted by Andrew Boulton:
What weapons, in your experience, do characters prefer to use? Choose up to three.
laser carbines for long distance work, and shotguns and gauss pistols for the close-up, "social" work.
Believe it or not, the clothes rod from any closet works well enough for those situations where one has no other weapons but needs to aquire them from those who do have them.... provided one makes a careful approach.

The weapons that hve seen the most use over the years in my games are:
laser rifles - for long range/anti-body armour
snub/accelerator smgs - general shipboard defence
snub/accelerator pistol hybrid - for general purpose use
fire extingushers - emergency melee weapon ;)

The most common mix I've seen in my games have been knife, Snub Pistol and either ACR, Gauss Rifle or Snub SMG. For some reason, none of my players ever went for a Gauss Pistol.

Back