• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

GURPS rules with classic combat resolution

jaz0nj4ckal

SOC-12
I am looking at a copy of GURPS; however, I want to know is it possible to use the GURPS character creation method and 3d6 dice mechanics but streamline combat?

I do not think that rolling bucket of dice will fit into my style of play; however, the GURPS rules appear to offer some items I like.

I want to limit auto and burst fire rules. I do not want to roll for each bullet fired - instead I would like to give auto fire and burst fire a more Classic Traveller approach - auto fire and burst fire will get only a few extra attacks... maybe only 2 attack very similar to how Classic Traveller works.

If I do the latter, how should I change armor? Will armor values need to be changed? For example 5.56mm Carbine does 4d+2, ROF 15. Oppose to rolling 60 different dice, I only want to roll 8 dice. 4d for the firs attack and 4d for the second attack.

Would I have to change anything with DR or anything other combat item?

Take a look at the GURPS Lite for WWII rules. They are nicely condensed from the 3e Basic Set but have more detail for ranged combat than the regular Lite rules, plus the autofire rules, with the section on magic cut out. It's a free 32 page PDF that you should be able to Google easily. I don't think I'm allowed to post a link for you, though.

Back