• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Help Wanted

Mår Ekkertsen

SOC-12
Peer of the Realm
Henry J. Lickspittle
Deck Cleaner Extraordinaire

Seeking working passage to anywhere. Position considered necessary at soonest expediency. Have well-built aspiration to depart this hackneyed dirt-ball ahead of subsequent twoday. Arraignments are of utmost plasticity. I await you munificent proffer of employment at the foundation of mechanical staircase three.

------------------
mark ayers n2sami@attbi.com , philosopher serf, editor of n2s; the journal for an empty mind

Looking for Adventure, Excitement, and Really Wild Things?

Look no further. The Spinward Marches Entertainment Group (Interplanetary Negotiation Group) has imediate openings in it's Armed Contract Enforcement Section. Succesfull applicant will show proficiency with a wide range of military and paramilitary equipment. Hot insertion combat experience a definite plus. We offer competitive pay with generous benefits package (including full health, dental, early full pension eligibility, and Cr25,000 acidental death and dismemberment insurance.)

So if your the kind of person that enjoys meeting new people from diverse cultures and then gratuitously blowing them away apply now to SMEG(ING)/ACES.

Spinward Marches Entertainment Group is an EOE.

------------------
I am increasingly of the opinion that RPGs are by the nature of their creation subjective phenomenon. due to the interaction between game designers, game masters, and game players all definitions, rules, settings, and adventures are mutable in acordance with the uncertainty principle as expounded by Heisenburg. This is of course merely my point of view.

David Shayne

David,

How long did it take you to come up with something that had the acronym SMEGING ACES? :)

Regardless, there is just about no way I want anything to do with Lt. Rimmer and Sgt. Lister. It is just too dangerous for the short-lived extras (like I would be).

Go find your human shields somewhere else. :)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mjwest:
David,

How long did it take you to come up with something that had the acronym SMEGING ACES? :)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

About 15 minutes. Or three years depending on how you look at it.

I initially created SMEG as part of an off the cuff reply to a post on the TML. We were in the midst of the semi-anual near-c rocks debate when somebody mentioned that it sounded like the name of a band. I whole heartedly agreed and the Vargr glam punk band near-c Rocks was born. Now an intergalactic dog rock band is useless if it doesn't have a recording contract and viola Spinward Marches Entertainment Group were born.

Although SMEG is best known as the distributors of Holo-entertainments by bands such as the afformentioned near-c Rocks, the folk trio Female Aslan in Sensible Shoes, and the up and coming puppy pop band Vargr Of Unusual Style, they own concerns in many other other fields including small arms manufacture(Spinward Marches Entertainment Group/Orchrist Firearms Foundry SMEG/OFF) Starship design (Spinward Marches Entertainment Group/Heavy Equipment Architects Division SMEG/HEAD) and now mercenary units (SMEG/ING ACES)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>
Regardless, there is just about no way I want anything to do with Lt. Rimmer and Sgt. Lister. It is just too dangerous for the short-lived extras (like I would be).

Go find your human shields somewhere else. :)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to be to picky but it's probably more like Lance Corporal Rimmer and Private Lister. And since they are in charge of maintaining the vending machines their presence or lack thereof should have no impact on the fighting abilities of SMEGING ACES.

The Spinward Marches Entertainment Group would like to categorically deny that they have succeded in creating a holographic simulation of a human being correct in every detail except that it can't touch or pick up anything.

------------------
I am increasingly of the opinion that RPGs are by the nature of their creation subjective phenomenon. due to the interaction between game designers, game masters, and game players all definitions, rules, settings, and adventures are mutable in acordance with the uncertainty principle as expounded by Heisenburg. This is of course merely my point of view.

David Shayne

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DaveShayne:
I initially created SMEG as part of an off the cuff reply to a post on the TML. We were in the midst of the semi-anual near-c rocks debate when somebody mentioned that it sounded like the name of a band. I whole heartedly agreed and the Vargr glam punk band near-c Rocks was born. Now an intergalactic dog rock band is useless if it doesn't have a recording contract and viola Spinward Marches Entertainment Group were born.

Although SMEG is best known as the distributors of Holo-entertainments by bands such as the afformentioned near-c Rocks, the folk trio Female Aslan in Sensible Shoes, and the up and coming puppy pop band Vargr Of Unusual Style, they own concerns in many other other fields including small arms manufacture(Spinward Marches Entertainment Group/Orchrist Firearms Foundry SMEG/OFF) Starship design (Spinward Marches Entertainment Group/Heavy Equipment Architects Division SMEG/HEAD) and now mercenary units (SMEG/ING ACES)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You really ought to give those paragraphs back to the TML too. It has been awhile. They may be missed.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by n2s:
You really ought to give those paragraphs back to the TML too. It has been awhile. They may be missed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But this place needs the traffic more.
tongue.gif

Truthfully I use SMEG when and where SMEG is needed. Sometimes on JTAS, sometimes the TML sometimes here.

And where SMEG is needed the most right now is wherever people cry out for the latest teen performing sensation Normandie Pikes. Buy her smash hit breakout holocube, "Naughty" today.

(Sorry slipped into marketing mode there.)

------------------

David Shayne

Back