• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Human Psychology vs. Vargr Psychology

The Sack of Gashikan left a bitter taste in the mouth of humanity, and these ill feelings lasted for centuries. In the Irilitok region, around the year –1000, many Vargr were forced into slavery by human oppressors who still dominated much of the region ... The new human masters selected Vargr who were more ‘human-like’ in appearance; those who had shorter muzzles and stood more erect.

- Mongoose Alien Module Vargr

There's a case to be made that Vargr are a more refined hybrid of goblinor[c/k]oids.

Or is that gretchinorks?

You know, the best parts from each.

Considering they tend to grow up twice the speed of humans, that would explain the raging teenage hormones.

The concept of property as a function of the development of agriculture has less to do with hoarding and trading, and more to do with the fact that agriculture is labor-intensive for a group of people in a designated plot of land.

So in a way property would derive from the early concept of investment? That would make sense. And since that "investment epiphany" would then come from the realization that the land can be mastered to serve human needs, it's a bit like the chicken and the egg.

Ah, makes me want to read Childe and Demoule again! :D

Was reading an article by a biology researcher regarding obesity and exercise.

I don't necessarily agree with the conclusions, but my take away from that was that biology starts with the collection of energy, and the most efficient use thereof.

Back