• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

"It's a PC Adventure"- High Praise

Murph

SOC-14 1K
To the guys I have gamed with over almost 30 years, this is the highest form of praise they can give a "B" grade movie. "It's a PC Adventure". Some of the ones that have gotten this praise from them are:

Buckaroo Banzai
Cowboy Beebop
Wasabi
Ronin
Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man
La Femme Nikita (Original Version)
Desperado
Once Upon A Time in Mexico

What movies do you all class as a "PC Adventure"?

Other than Serenity (the No-Brainer), I would say:

The 5th Element(I had a player in one of my campaigns play a Ruby Rodge character....)
Parts of the Heavy Metal (Original) movie
The Transporter Series
Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
Alien: Resurrection (the crew of the Betty)
Easyriders

Aliens
Alien
Any variation on The Seven Samurai and countless "saving the settlers/sheep-herders/ few against impossible odds noodle-westerns"

Anything you, as a referee, dash off in a frenzy after watching some particularly good episode (or cool scene) in some scifi series you regularly watch, but don't tell the players how you came up with the idea while hoping none of them saw the same episode.

Raising Arizona
Around the World in 80 Days
Wackiest Ship in the Army
Kelly's Heroes
The Great Race
The Assassination Bureau
Sky Bandits

It's not sci-fi, but The Mummy (from the '90s, with Brendan Fraser, et alia) was a far better game-movie than the Dungeons & Dragons mess of the same year.

Grosse Pointe Blank also felt like a game's plot.

Predator
Aliens

I thought this line was cute: Forgot the movie -- "There’s no such thing as a rescue in space. You’re merely the second wave of victims."

Back