• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Japanese Traveller Pictures

Originally posted by Kaizer:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kafka47:
Kaiser:

Is there any chance that the artist would grace the covers of T20 or is his work tied into Hobby Japan's effort?

Last question, why are all the characters West Asian (ie. European)? Traveller literally embraces the whole universe and yet even in "foreign" editions (partial exception is the German) retains the same look. T20 & GT have made significant heyway in changing perception but with all the great role models out there, why isn't Traveller more diverse?
1st answer :
If we will translate T20, he may deal with a cover.
However, MegaTraveller which had come out by HobbyJapan is not Mr. Naoyuki Katoh.
We are keeping in mind so that faithfully the original edition as much as possible.
Therefore, the box of CT which we translated is proportionate to Traveller 1st edition.
Contents are LBB of 2nd.

In Japan, there is the formula "Traveller's art equal Mr. Naoyuki Katoh."
It is applied also to me.It is the influence of CT which Hobby Japan had published, and all the members think of the Japanese Traveller fan the same way.
Therefore, the art of my CT Japanese edition became him.

Answer to last question:
Some which we have translated have original.
The selfish alteration of the original edition considers that I am impolite to the author.
I think that the same is said also of other CT and MT.
At least the 1st answer is said about this idea of mine.
</font>[/QUOTE]So...I know that Hunter is actively seeking entry into the Japanese market. I hope the exchange will mean that we will see some more of the great artwork of Kaiser & Mr. Naoyuki Katoh.

Second question, Kaiser, I guess you don't know where I could get copies of Japanese Traveller (other than Azani High Lighting)...

Originally posted by kafka47:
So...I know that Hunter is actively seeking entry into the Japanese market. I hope the exchange will mean that we will see some more of the great artwork of Kaiser & Mr. Naoyuki Katoh.

Second question, Kaiser, I guess you don't know where I could get copies of Japanese Traveller (other than Azani High Lighting)...
I have not published "AZHANTI HIGH LIGHTNING" yet.
You have surely said the Traveller series published from Hobby Japan.
The name of my company is not HJ but Raimei.
I began to do translation publication for a Traveller to it having been out of print long in Japan.
I think that you probably do not have the Traveller Japanese edition published in my company.

Whoops, I did again...

Are those proofs of covers that will appear or what was already in print from Hobby Japan. In either case, they look wonderful and I would really like to get a copy.

Back