• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

General Just a reminder that Traveller has had some great authors

Ackehece

SOC-13
Something to know but many of the people who have worked on Traveller over the years are great authors outside of the design and creation of games. They have created worlds and have brought us on many journeys through their novels they have written.
Look for books under the following names and you will find some treasure!
Needing no introduction, first we have....

1. Marc Miller
  2. William H. Keith Jr
    1. Ian Douglas
    2. H. Jay Riker
    3. Keith William Andrews
    4. Robert Cain
    5. Keith Douglass - shared with brother
    6. John Marshall - shared with brother
  3. J Andrew Keith
    1. Keith Douglass - shared with brother
    2. John Marshall - shared with brother
  4. Frank Chadwick - nonfiction books outside of gaming

if anyone knows a Traveller module or core designer that has written books outside of games please pipe up and I'll add them.
I did not know how many of my favourite science fiction series were written by J. Andrew Keith. so many good books, under so many pseudonyms.
I can't miss an Honorable Mention of Loren Wiseman. He may not have written novels... but his editor position which gave direction increased the quality of many.

Last edited:
Some of my favorite Traveller fiction was written by Martin J. Dougherty, who also happens to have a seriously extensive portfolio of work outside of gaming.

While at GaryCon, and set up next to Marc, I told him that the thing that got me started on Traveller was his article im JTAS 2 on Victoria, and asked him if he ever thought about expanding on that. Two of my favorite Traveller Adventures, Research Station Gamma and Twilight's Peak, were also written by Marc.

I have to say it blew my mind when I did some digging and found that Ian Douglas was a Keith brother... Considering I found the Heritage Trilogy independently and it blew me away and sparked a mad creation of a 2300 type universe and THEN I found out he was behind most of the products that I loved from Traveller (MT/HT) almost a year later.

If you haven't read the books published under Ian Douglas... run, do not walk, to get them.

/mind-blown

Back