• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

K'Kree space for Travellermap.com

Blue Ghost

SOC-14 5K
Knight
Are the Travellermap guys working on adding K'Kree space?

I thought K'Kree space had been added a long time ago, but I'm not seeing it on the site.

Not much of K'Kree space was ever canonically defined.

The CT AM lacks any world lists, and while K'Kree clients exist in the Gateway domain, the 2000 worlds don't extend into it... closest point is 2 subsectors from the gateway domain.

CT M04 Alien Realms doesn't even have a K'Kree adventure.

There is, to my knowledge, no canonical starmapping — not even a dot map — for the 2000 worlds.

A place holder for Luretiir!girr went up on Traveller Map a while ago, and someone did several of the sectors along the Hiver border recently. The spinward border was done a while ago but may not have been done according to the CT rules for K'kree worlds.

Just to clear things up: the vast megacorp behind TravellerMap - based at Reference/Cadion (Core 0140) - has a grand total of one detached scout working an average of about 10 minutes a day on the site.

The details are all at http://travellermap.com/doc/credits but in broad strokes:

* Imperial sectors are from T5SS
* Zhodani sectors are from HIWG and contributors like GypsyComet and BeRKA (unofficial)
* Vargr sectors is mostly placeholders by John Wood (unofficial) from dotmaps in DGP's Vilani & Vargr, a few sectors by David Drazul and John Wood (under review by T5SS)
* Julian sectors are from Mike Mikesh (under review by T5SS) and Jeff Zeitlin of Freelance Traveller fame (unofficial)
* Hiver sectors are detailed by Mark Humphreys (unofficial)
* Solomani sectors are from HIWG with corrections by Randy Dorman (unofficial)
* Aslan sectors are a mix of placeholders, from dotmaps in DGP's Solomani & Aslan, and various sectors from Jo Grant's CORE (unofficial), plus some T5SS reviewed data (official)
* Scattered states to Spinward and Trailing are a mish-mash, including land grants (FASA, Paranoia Press, Group One) in T5SS review, plus unofficial data
* Many far flung sectors at the edges of Charted Space are by 77topaz and David Blalock (unofficial)

I curate the site. Official data coming through the T5SS in various stages of review gets priority. Otherwise, unofficial data is welcome - and can become official once the T5SS reviews it. With DonM's passing, the review process is on hold - I'm awaiting guidance from Marc.

Beyond that, I have little input into the data. For Gzirr!k'l, for example, I tried to help Mark Humphreys with the details from GT's Alien Races 3, while consulting with DonM on what was considered canonical. (Some of the minor race additions have legal baggage, unfortunately.) But I simply don't have the cycles - or the knowledge - to detail or review vast swaths of data myself, beyond automated error checking.

No one has officially or unofficially tackled the K'kree sectors to the level of detail necessary to put them on the site. I heard rumors from DonM about some effort going on there but nothing has materialized yet.

Basically, all it takes is for someone to send me files and say "I'd like to fill in a blank space on the map", which is what 77topaz, Mark Humphreys, and others have done.

If I had a magic wand:

* I'd get the fully armed and operational T5SS to review:
* the Zhodani sectors by GypsyComet and BeRKA
* the Julian sectors by Jeff Zeitlin
* the Solomani sectors - with help from Randy Dorman
* some of the Hiver sectors by Mark Humphreys
* I'd get someone to dive into the Two Thousand Worlds and detail some of those sectors, since it's a bit of a hole in the map

Interesting. I thought that the GT K'Kree entry had like a half dozen worlds detailed, along with a subsector or two ... all my stuff's packed away, so I can't reference it ATM.

I ask because I was going to write another adventure seed, but set in K'Kree space, and discovered that the map had this gap in it, which I thought had been detailed in another DGP publication. But I guess I'm mistaking that for the Alien module that is not the Vilani Vargr book ... I can't remember which one it was.

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.

Just to clear things up: the vast megacorp behind TravellerMap - based at Reference/Cadion (Core 0140) - has a grand total of one detached scout working an average of about 10 minutes a day on the site.

Scout Smelchak reporting for duty. Consider me an enthusiastic volunteer willing to put in at least 10 minutes a day, at any job, no matter how menial or mighty. I don't know all of your code, but I am enthusiastic and learn quickly. You lead or direct, I'll follow.

If I had a magic wand:

* I'd get someone to dive into the Two Thousand Worlds and detail some of those sectors, since it's a bit of a hole in the map

I'd be happy to work on any or all of the above. I have notes for the territories of all of the major races and would like to contribute to what has already been created.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Because old habits die hard, I've been tinkering in K'kree space. I'll get a set of files like the placeholder for Luretiir!girr to you to start with.

Correcting Gn'hk'r and Gh!hken K'kree worlds (none currently have K'kree government codes, or were screened for K'kree presence in the first place; The K'kree are picky) sounds like a job for the industrious.

Correcting Gn'hk'r and Gh!hken K'kree worlds (none currently have K'kree government codes, or were screened for K'kree presence in the first place; The K'kree are picky) sounds like a job for the industrious.

Those two sectors are from John G. Wood's http://homepage.ntlworld.com/elvwood/Traveller/Sectors/ - as noted there if you dig in, they're randomly generated following the dot-maps from V&V, but the data has not been manually checked. So they should be considered placeholders at best.

(I have "replace all of the unchecked V&V placeholders with actual ???????-? placeholders" on my to-do list but I've been lazy. Plus I get gripe mail when I do that...)

So yes... reviewing any/all of those would be a great job for the industrious. It can also be done with quite a heavy hand, since the data is completely unvetted as yet.

K'kree space

Hi, I generated some of the K'kree space to go with my Hiver sectors. It is all extremely random, originally based on some of the GURPS information, which is only slightly less unofficial.

Feel very to repave any of it.

Interesting. I thought that the GT K'Kree entry had like a half dozen worlds detailed, along with a subsector or two ...

Two worlds only, the Kirur/Kirrixur pair. The two client races GT covered might also have world data, but one of those is JTAS only and currently out of reach.

I'll E-mail several of the folks on this thread looking for starting points for the K'kree data.

I am industrious. I am also a team player and happy to work with others.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

I'll E-mail several of the folks on this thread looking for starting points for the K'kree data.

I am industrious. I am also a team player and happy to work with others.

You can pull the sector listing directly from Traveller Map. If you have the CT K'kree book it has the process for K'kree worlds.

If I had a magic wand:

Hi there. Is there anything specific that might need work? As you may remember, I have my database which I pull all the travellermap.com sectors to go do validation/number crunching along with data from the other eras. The only problem I have is access HiWG. Don't have all of that. I found some website that had AAB and some other fanzines bundled. I was off LARPing to Vampire during the '90s.

Hi there. Is there anything specific that might need work?

If we can scare up Jeff again, I'd love to know why Ingukrax, of all places, is apparently Singapore. More Vargr than most of the rest of Vargr space combined.

Julian space in general is very much in need of clarity.

Ooh, Julian Protectorate... Another of the "mysteries".
Seriously, anything I don't have the written material for, or know the story behind it, is a "mystery". I was not part of GEnie or HiWG back in the ancient days so there you are. But I do pack-rat EVERYTHING Traveller I get find. So...

There is 30+ pages of extra information including the Julian War and the Julian Protectorate in MMT Milieu 0 Campaign, but not in the two separate books that formed it (or it was split into two books?). Will go look there first. Aah, mystery...

Unless you have specific questions Gypsy Comet, I will run some basic demographics and see what there is to find. I might be able to see how/what dice generated results, not why Jeff Zeitlin made such design choices. Aah, data analysis, leads to :coffeegulp:

Julian space wasn't touched iin any detail until the mid MegaTraveller era, with the region article in Challenge, and the follow up Contact Hkhar. The Hkhar are also revisited in the GT line, though I'm not a big fan of that interpretation.

A shame for a good Imperial Knight to admit it, but I'm not up on "Contact Hkhar"... nothing coming up on Bing.

They are in Challenge 52, and GT Aliens 4. Spelled Hhkar. I keep transposing the second h and the k.
The Julian article is in Challenge 49.

Back