• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

LEGO Traveller Redux

Sir Brad

SOC-13
A few years back I wile baby siting a sick nephew on my day off got to thinking about a LEGO Traveller theam, going back over my old posts to see if any threads I was involved with had got away from me and I found the LEGO Traveller topic, and you know what it still strikes me as a good idea, perhaps tidied up and re ordered a bit.

Phaze 0/Introduction stays as is from my original idear

Mini-Fig Pack: Travellers (Scout, Free Trader, Star Merc, Ships Engineer)
Poly-bag: Cargo Robot
Poly-bag: Star-port check point (Guard W/checkpoint)
Poly-bag: Varg Grav-Bike

Phaze 1 the basic sets I originally came up with stay the same but sets from later phazes get pulled in so you can build a star-port adventure

Air Raft Chase (two air raft builds w/ Hijackers and ships crew)
Port Office becomes Star-port Offices (Broker, Customs Official, Guard, Dock Master)
Warehouse Heist (Loading dock, Guard & Robbers)
????? Type A Free Trader (the phazes apex set)

Mini-Fig Pack: Citizens of the Imperim
Star Town Bar (w/ two bar staff)
Security Patrol (Air Raft W/two Guards)

the Story of the Phase is up to you, is the ships crew looking for Cargo & Passengers?, are they smuggling? are they hijacking someone else's cargo or are they the Hijackers?

Phaze 2 "The Blackstar" this phase is all about the Corsairs

Battle Pack: Corsairs (Corsair W/2guns, Cutlass & Gun, Long Gun, Varg Corsair)
Corsair Attack Boat (w/2 Corsairs)
The Black Star Type P Corsair (the Phases apex set)

looking for set suggestions for this phase to do with Corsairs

The Type A is away only to be attacked by the dreaded "Blackstar" or perhaps the Corsairs are attacking the star port?

Phase 2.5 Micro Fighters
Type A
Type P
Type T

Phase 3 "Imperium to the Rescue"

Battle Pack: Imperials (Sergent, 2X Trooper, Weapons Trooper)
Imperial G-Carrier (W/ Driver & Trooper)
Customs Cutter (W/ Pilot & Customs Official)
the Guardian Type T Patrol Cruiser

also looking for further set ideas to do with the imperial military (Navy & Marines)

The Blackstar has bean reeking havoc with the space lanes the Navy has sent in The Guardian to deal with the problem or, has Smuggling and Hijacking gotten out of hand?

Thanks - now I need to go through my all-too-large Lego collection1 and see if I can come up with these sets!

1Lego is like Traveller and books - you can never have too much!

Another possible set (perhaps to confront the Imperials) would be a Zhodani battlepack. It could include a bearded Noble in turban (change of head for a Star Wars black-clad Imperial ?).

Some more sets

Phase 1
Landing pad, W/ Ground Crew, Cargo Robot & Utility vehicles

Phase 2
Pirate landing pad, different build to the phase 1 landing pad, no cargo robot and different utility vehicles
Corsair Hide out
Space Pirate Tavern
Fencing the Take, W/ Fence, Goons, Cargo Truck, Crates

And introducing Phase 4 "On the Frontier"

Class D Starport
Minifig Pack Travellers, (Noble, Hunter, Scientist, JTAS Reporter)
Off-World Safari
Alien Ruins
Local Entanglement (Wheeled Vehicle, Local Official, 2X Local Militia)

Our Crew have escaped the Blackstar and/or the Authorities and found themselves out on the Frontier where they find new Opportunities, Adventure and meet other Travllers.

Back