• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Liftoff crowdfunding has begun

What, you didn't call the thread "We have Liftoff"? Or are you saving that for the release of the actual product?

Congrats in any case.

I just wish there were a parallel effort in USD; even if I were to pledge, my bank would stop the foreign-currency transaction pending a very long interrogation of me, and then, if they decided it was innocuous, the currency conversion fee that they'd impose would mean that each €1 would cost me damn near $2. And most of the major banks that serve this area are just as bad, and the minor banks would be worse.

I just wish there were a parallel effort in USD; even if I were to pledge, my bank would stop the foreign-currency transaction pending a very long interrogation of me, and then, if they decided it was innocuous, the currency conversion fee that they'd impose would mean that each €1 would cost me damn near $2. And most of the major banks that serve this area are just as bad, and the minor banks would be worse.
What I do is use PayPal, which does the currency conversion itself.

Change your bank!

I'm very unfamiliar with how gaming crowdfunding works, but...

$128,000 seems like a lot of money for something like this.

Is the methodology here to raise -all- the money required via crowdfunding, instead of using some corporate funds and some crowdfunding? Is either manner of funding commonly done?

(And I'm not trying to start a flame war here, or throw rocks at 13Mann. I really don't know...)

I'm very unfamiliar with how gaming crowdfunding works, but...

$128,000 seems like a lot of money for something like this.

Is the methodology here to raise -all- the money required via crowdfunding, instead of using some corporate funds and some crowdfunding? Is either manner of funding commonly done?

(And I'm not trying to start a flame war here, or throw rocks at 13Mann. I really don't know...)

It's actually pretty typical these days to fund the whole production run off the crowdfunding.

Back