• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Literary Inspiration for the 2320 Player/Ref

Yes, Tail Spin, they used characters from Disney's version of the Jungle Book, namely Baloo the Bear and the heroic and lazy cargo pilot, Louie The Orangutang as the local bar owner (serving of course ice cream, fruit juices, and other beverages that won't give drive soccer moms nuts if they are mentioned around their children, and Shere Khan as the stereotypical "evil robber baron industrialist."

Add to Television "Star Cops", no interstellar travel but a some nifty crime based scenario ideas, although some might not translate very well. Such as, why would you produce fake alien archelogical artifacts when there are real ones?

Chris D-W

I would also suggest reading David Drake's Igniting the Reaches and Through the Breach (I never read the middle one, partly because I will not buy this series's omnibus, or that of any other), as well as his Princess Cecile/RCN novels. They're on the line between Travelleresqe and 2300 AD-esqe, but worth it.

Back