• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Looking for blank BLACK subsector hexmap

SpaceBadger

SOC-14 1K
Knight
Heyo, fellow Citizens. In my last campaign (SBRD, 2013-14) I made a lot of nice-looking and informative subsector maps using tools provided by inexorabletash at TravellerMap. One messed-up brain surgery later, my memory and cognition are no longer up to the data organization necessary to use those tools. So I'm going (semi-)oldschool, drawing individual maps.

Not the early-Traveller methods involving pencils, straight-edges, and photocopied blank subsector hex maps, but sorta like that, planning to take blank maps and add text and art in GIMP.

So, can anyone suggest where I can find a blank subsector map with BLACK background and white hexlines? Obviously I would not want to blow a lot of ink printing those, but they'd display nicely; I'd plan to use layers in GIMP, so I could have different upper layers for text etc, then use either the black or white background for display or printing.

A little help, please, for a fellow Citizen Badger trying to work on my first campaign of any kind since the evil brain-damaging surgery in Jan 2015!

If you are using GIMP, you could take the traditional maps & invert the colors. There may even be a way to invert the colors via a filter (there are so many tools in GIMP I generally search for how to do things. Heck - there is an invert colors...

edit: was in a hurry so the image is oddly named...original is from https://zhodani.space/2009/06/24/new-big-blank-subsector-maps/

Attachments

• blabksubsectorinverted.png
    blabksubsectorinverted.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 6
Back