• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

MT errata DonM's

BuddyJC

SOC-4
Having taken the plunge, I'm about to dive into MegaTraveller but I can't find a workable DonM's errata pdf file.

I've been through archive.org to acquire his other errata pdfs, but the MT errata and his alternate trade rules pdf is corrupted.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

And Live Long and Prosper.... (oops wrong forum for that :) )

I don't know if this is the current one...

2009 version

Attachments

• ConsolidatedMegaTravellerErrata.pdf
    582.5 KB · Views: 31
This is the last one I have (02/9231/2013). Not sure about the differences.

Attachments

• ConsolidatedMegaTravellerErrata 2013.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
71 pages of errata? Wow.

Lots of typos due to tech incompatibilities.
DGP was an All-mac shop.
GDW was Windows and the custom OS of the typesetter, which was the Windows character set.

I wonder what their "excuse" was in T4, another error riden product. Surely the dtp technology at that point can't be blamed :)

I wonder what their "excuse" was in T4, another error riden product. Surely the dtp technology at that point can't be blamed :)

It can, at least for FF&S2. Files done in a non-Windows-1252 encoding, IG's machines all set to force Windows-1252 encoding.

For the core book... incompetence with the DTP software seems to blame; most of the errors are loss of formatting.

That's the last one I have as well.

Any chance of getting a MS Word copy of this file?

I succesfully opened the pdf with MS Word 2016 and apart from some skewed tables that were lost in translation, everything looked fine. You can then realign the tables and be proud of having rpgs as a hobby ;)

Lots of typos due to tech incompatibilities.
DGP was an All-mac shop.
GDW was Windows and the custom OS of the typesetter, which was the Windows character set.

That can explain most of the errata, but not some of it.

That can explain most of the errata, but not some of it.

Much of it is better attributed to Loren and someone else all typing it in manually to the typesetter... because it was easier than converting it.

And this last known list isn't complete.

Myself and Thomas Rux on TML have been looking at the Guardian class battle station (COACC p 93 in a text box). The claim is that it cost around 21 MCr. Even if we assumed this was an 80% price (for volume discount), that would only make the total cost around 25.25 MCr -ish.

The space for a 100 ton bay costs you 1 MCr.
The 100 ton missile bay costs you 20 MCr. And that's without 200 nuclear missiles (which would, if included, add 30 MCr).

That's not counting hull, armour, Model 1 computer, planetary radio, planetary EMS array, 6 kl Fusion plant with 120/360 endurance with 120 kL of fuel (and the endurance times and the fuel tankage seem whacked).

Then there's the flavour text about these basically being autonomous but not bright crewless units. There's no explanation of how you ignore crew requirements (my guess would be more computer power, but its also possible someone silently integrated some stuff about low functioning AI from the Robots product). And if you have no crew and no M-drive or J-drive, you could probably remove airlocks, all life support but basic, any grav plates or an inertial compensator too. And it isn't clear what type of controls it has (TL9? TL10?).

Certainly the price is whacked, but the design needs redone in any event.

We're looking at that now.

If I have to extend errata for this, I'm going to use the last output from Don as a basis. If anyone has his final release as a .doc, .docx, or (less fun) .rtf, I'd love that. I'm also curious about what fonts were used.

- kaladorn (TomB)

Many MT designs are faulty. It's a shame ,but the bare truth...

There's no explanation of how you ignore crew requirements (my guess would be more computer power, but its also possible someone silently integrated some stuff about low functioning AI from the Robots product).

As for this, see that in 101 vehicles, pages 1 (last paragraph) and 2 (right column), it specifies how to use robot brains as computer and crewmembers.

Of course, this also has problems, as we told when the MT Robots book was being finished:
I also understand in this case you can make a fighter/drone crewed only with a robot brain (this would be coherent with what was written in 101 vehicles). If so, which computer number is this brain rated in combat?
(you can follow the discussion from this quote)

You'll find an example of an autonomus satellite (albeit quite smaller and doublé use, quite a diferent doctrine than the Guardian) also in this post

Sorry it took a long time to get back to this. I've tried again and the size limit has been raised.

Attachments

• ConsolidatedMegaTravellerErrata v2-21 2-23-2013.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Back