• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Neitchzeans

endersig

SOC-12
I am an Andromeda Buff. I love it, and it is openly reflected IMTU. So, i added Neitchzeans.
A subspecies of Human, Neitchzeans are fierce, distrusting, survivalists. They have taken the ideals of the Terran Philosopher Neitchze (is this how you spell it?) to heart, and it is reflected in their culture. They are selectively bred through competition, much like Animals, where the Strong get multiple wives in the hopes that his strong genes will strengthen the race. To be Inferior is the worst disgrace, and they refer to those inferior as Kludges (KLOODGE). Physically, are like humans, but with 3-5 spikes 4-7 inches in length, known as "Bone Blades" coming out of their forarms, these blades are sharp, and can retract to be flat with the skin. (Referees, treat these weapons as Concealed Daggers For damage) Their ultimate belief is that one day, the Genetic Reincarnation of the "Progenitor", Drago Museveni, Will be born, and be their Messiah.

I haven't yet figured out a homeworld, but you want a powerful foe or just a couple of thugs to use, they are amazing.
Tips for Generating Neitchzeans are focus on High STR, DEX and END, nothing special in the other catagories. Weapons skills are good, but remember, when all else fails, Neitchzeans are only humans (Genetically engineered humans, but still humans.)

Friedrich Nietzsche. It's very easy to misspell. :(

Nietzsche has been mostly badly mistranslated / interpreted for numerous reasons including high use of puns and wordplay, most of his works never being published during his life or really even finished, and dying insane leaving his sister to put her own stamp on his works and life.

A key concept as I see it is radical individualism akin to the 60's show The Prisoner but taken another notch. So just like anarchism* I doubt there's any chance for an organized society based on Nietzsche without distorting his views yet again. From what I've seen on Andromeda the Nietzscheans there are too conformist. Oh well, he needed a good editor anyway and it wouldn't be the first time followers haven't really read or fully applied the master's work. ;)

As a sidenote Nietzche himself was in very poor health when he wrote most of his works, following the Franco-Prussian War in which he had volunteered as a medical orderly to the end of his life some 30 years later. So the founder himself would not have lasted long in Nietzscheans society.

Your idea could be fun esp. if a Solomani Authenticist type runs into some. Big bads start debating philosophy and comparing notes for a bit. A good change from the typical dumb thug.

Casey

* Note: I'm trying not to turn this into a political thread, I am merely using them as a historical example of how a Nietzscheans movement that stuck to his words might turn out; 'sides I'm referring to 19th c. stuff here

Greetings and salutations,

Actually, the Nietzscheans are not based to closely on Neitzsche. Yes, Roddenberry used some of his ideas to create the race, but there are other factors that he threw in to make them unique for this particular show.

Now that I think about it, Roddenberry's races are similar to each other in the Star Trek Universe, Earth: Final Conflict, and Andromeda.

Well, that's my two credits.

The Nazis took some of the ideas of Friedrich Nietzsche and twisted them into what they wanted, and it worked for them. I dont think I would have any use for them in a game. I would much prefer to use an ORIGINAL race someone created ORIGINALLY. With so many worlds in the Imperium, it would figure that a group like this would exist on at least one of them, though. I still wouldnt use them, unless I had an Abu Ghraib Interstellar prison to populate!
Cant someone come up with an alien race that is original and interesting?

Originally posted by Marquis Deadlock:
Actually, the Nietzscheans are not based to closely on Neitzsche. Yes, Roddenberry used some of his ideas to create the race, but there are other factors that he threw in to make them unique for this particular show.
see prior post for my take on them vs. Nietzsche
fwiw:
http://www.andromedatv.com/universe/backstory.html
"The Nietzscheans - a group of genetically engineered humans who follow a strict interpretation of Nietzsche"
Now that I think about it, Roddenberry's races are similar to each other in the Star Trek Universe, Earth: Final Conflict, and Andromeda.
I've found what made ST:TOS really good had a lot to do with him working with and getting ideas from others. Left to his own devices he seemed to reuse the same ideas. Even that show with underground tunnels on Earth is pretty much ST:TNG without ships. I have to give him credit for ST:TOS though. That he never quite IMO could match that spark in no way faults his importance.

Casey

Back