• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Official QLI Update

No. CT-revised is T20 with D20 removed and updated CT rules used to fill the blanks. It, presumably, is intended for those that would like to use T20, but wouldn't touch D20 if the entire rules set was provided for free.

I, for one, would buy CT-revised in a heartbeat. Heck, I would preorder it even without a set release date.

If that were the case and have a consolidated equipment list from the various CT products eg. Mercenary or the FCI Consumer Guide...I would buy it as an alternate rule set...maybe we also convince MJD to throw in an extra story plus a sequel to Odyssey (the T20 freebie) and I would put my name for preorder (assuming shipping to Canada was not horrendously expensive again).

Any news on TAs, especially the robots book and Small Scout Ships or whatever it was called?

Anything on the Starfall Conspiracy adventure (which AFAIK is separate from the Starfall book)?

Er, Small Scouts is me. My partner in crime on this is going to resend me his stuff. Now that 2320AD is pretty much complete, I can work on this.

Colin
2320AD writer

It would be interesting to homogenize Peter Vernon's Consolidated equipment list. It has lots of cool kit from various versions of the game, but the stats are in their original sources and they are only written up (typically) for the release they came out in.

It would be nice to make a nice 'multi-system' equipment book (no vehicles) that gave stats for gear for each of the systems. That would probably expand the range of neat gear for T20 and it could be easily backwards compatible with CT and MT and probably TNE. Heck, with mid-tech stuff, it could be lifted into 2320AD...

Robots of Charted Space was submitted back in September 2003, and Robot Adventures submitted in December 2003. I'm not sure on the status of either of them, save that the Adventures PDF will have to come out after the Robots of Charted Space TA is released. Last I heard (November, 2003), Hunter was getting artwork for the Robots of Charted Space TA.

Now that things are starting to move forward, I'm sure we'll see these coming out sometime during this next year, as time permits.

Hope this helps,
Flynn

BTW, it's good to hear that the Limited License is coming. I have so many ideas, I'm not sure where to start...

I am glad the books will be put out in both Dead Tree and PDF. I personally am not going to buy a dead tree book if the pages fall out like they did in my THB. (Reminded me of the Games Workshop books of the mid 80s.) I would rather pay for the ink and paper and put it in a binder.

Originally posted by Bhoins:
I am glad the books will be put out in both Dead Tree and PDF. I personally am not going to buy a dead tree book if the pages fall out like they did in my THB. (Reminded me of the Games Workshop books of the mid 80s.) I would rather pay for the ink and paper and put it in a binder.
I stand corrected. Hunter just snet me a PM that says the problem was identified early and since corrected. So I guess I will be buying dead tree versions. (And you guys don't think Hunter reads these.)

Originally posted by Morte:
Anything on the Starfall Conspiracy adventure (which AFAIK is separate from the Starfall book)?
Morte, you're correct in saying that Starfall Conspiracy (SC) is not part of the original Starfall product. It's on the back burner right now, mostly because of family issues on my part. However, my suggestion was that we aim for having it ready to release just after The Starfall Book (for a lot of reasons, but mostly because I want SC content to focus on the adventure, not reference material. People can use the Starfall Book for more info on the setting).

Since we have no firm idea of when the Starfall Book will be out, I've been "go slow" with SC.

Paul Nemeth
AA

Originally posted by Michael Taylor:

The Players Guidebook:
Is planned for release by June this year in both PDF and deadtree format.
I don't mean to be a pain, but is this estimate still accurate?

I was just curious.

Thanks

I know I'm being a pain in the butt...

However, I have to ask.

Is there any news on when any of the dead tree format products are being released?

Let me be the pain for the other buttock.

Hopefully, I can hope for some new products for GenCon (not going but my FGLS owner).

Traveller needs to make a splash with something really dramatic. I found that in Early Fallen but it is PDF many of the people in my FLGS don't see any Traveller and the rulebook & Gateway to Destiny is way to dense for them. The Vehicle Guide to specialized for Traveller players.

And, GURPS Traveller...is just way too GURPS. They are looking for a spectacularly illustrated guide that really says: "Come play in my universe". As the store doubles as the best place to get graphic novels.

I am doing my best to spread the word but without product out there in people's faces it is a challenge.

Is I appeal to the Greater Gods, as I did in the Birthday Appeal...what sort of time line are we looking for in regard to new products.

Quote: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Players Guidebook:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was just curious.

I've just seen this. I do not have any information other than what Hunter gave me a few months ago when I posted the update. All deadtree and QLI PDF releases are dependent on Hunter's timetable. I'm sorry I cannot give you any more information.

regards

Mike

Quote: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Players Guidebook:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was just curious.

I've just seen this. I do not have any information other than what Hunter gave me a few months ago when I posted the update. All deadtree and QLI PDF releases are dependent on Hunter's timetable. I'm sorry I cannot give you any more information.

regards

Mike
Thanks for the response.
It is always hard to keep the native within from becoming restless.

The Natives are more than restless...the stewing pot is being put to boil. Drumming of the drums can be heard. As a heretical witchdoctor is called to pacify the warriors. A thousand arrows pierce the witchdoctor make tasty shish kabob.

We now call forth the Ancients to make their pronouncements, if they dare...

Originally posted by kafka47:
The Natives are more than restless...the stewing pot is being put to boil. Drumming of the drums can be heard. As a heretical witchdoctor is called to pacify the warriors. A thousand arrows pierce the witchdoctor make tasty shish kabob.

We now call forth the Ancients to make their pronouncements, if they dare...
Are you saying the natives are from this island?

"the natives are restless..."

You and me both. I'm doing my best but I have nothing else to say at this point. If I lived in the USA I would be going to see Hunter personally to help out...

Back