• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Orbital Yards for iOS now available in the iTunes App Store

This is very nice, especially on the iPad. I'm having a lot of fun. I couldn't figure out how to add passengers though. I tried designing a long range survey vessel with scientific staff and some laboratories which was a little awkward.

Those are cosmetic issues that I was able to work around though. Great job. Hope you don't mind if I work on a list of feature requests? No good deed goes un-punished!

Simon Hibbs

This is very nice, especially on the iPad. I'm having a lot of fun. I couldn't figure out how to add passengers though. I tried designing a long range survey vessel with scientific staff and some laboratories which was a little awkward.
Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it. Passengers are there, as AnotherDilbert has noted. You can approximate things like labs by using the "roominess" slider which allocates more single staterooms. Stateroom tonnage includes common areas.

Hope you don't mind if I work on a list of feature requests? No good deed goes un-punished!
Read the earlier posts in this this thread. There's some things I left out that I really don't want to implement. Plus, I'm now working on a new app and don't want to get distracted. :)

Read the earlier posts in this this thread. There's some things I left out that I really don't want to implement. Plus, I'm now working on a new app and don't want to get distracted. :)

Completely understand, it's all good.

Simon Hibbs

Version 1.3 has been released

New:
• Dark Mode support.
• Minor usability tweaks.
• Added text export options for vessel design summary and USP.

Finally, you can export completed designs and reformat them to your liking. If you're still having fun with this, a review in the App Store would be appreciated.

Back