• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

OTU Race List

I'd suggest letting all careers be available, but applying a -1 or -2 DM to enlist in any career where the Uplifted Ape's larger size might be a detriment. The stats should take care of the rest of it.

Hope this helps,
Flynn

I doubt you'd find accommodation (either physically or socially) for uplifted species in Imperial military, except perhaps in an all-[species in question] unit. Planetary forces might be another matter if the species is a significant population.

Wow.

When you get your list done, will you webify it or let someone else do so? (I mean, in a more permanent home than this discussion thread....). What a great idea.

I would request that, when you webify this list, you please add as many references to the source of these races as you can. Even if you are including races off the web instead of a book, a website would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Flynn

Also, while not official, this board has several writeups for minors and uplifts.

Also, where are the T4 Alien Archive races? ;)

am thinking I should put the SHip's Bobcat uplift on my web site.

Simple question, what was the name of the alien species pictured on the cover of the MTJ? (blue background)

All my stuff is boxed up prior to moving, and I don't wandt to get it all out just to find out one name.

Hmm, I wanted to say Jonkereen off the top of my head for the first one. I'm not sure though, they are native to the Domain of Deneb (feature of that issue) but they are human geneered from Vilani and that looks very not human.

I'm pretty sure the second one is K'Kree, no?

Anyway here's another handy little Aliens of Charted Space resource: The Alien List

I suppose that it could be a K'kree for issue#1 but I always assumed that creature was bipedal. Issue#4 is definately a K'kree but genetically modified, as were all the Lords of Thunder.

Looking at the magazine, it could also be a dragon...but, these were they day that artists never got the amount of credit they were due...poor Traveller, Blair Reynolds is crying over his Traveller/DGP debts.

I don't have the issue handy but the alien on MTJ #1 is identified in an 'on the cover' blurb inside the front cover. It is, if I remember aright, an example of a previously unknown alien species.

Originally posted by kafka47:
Blair Reynolds is crying over his Traveller/DGP debts.
The truth is that a lot of good artists and writers (and some not so good, you decide which is which) got hosed over by DGP and then got caught in the undertow as GDW went under. DGP was particularly egregious as not only didn't it pay folks off, it was still commissioning new work it could never pay for.

The alien from MTJ1 is listed as "one Khethss from Giranima" from the inside blurb 'About the Cover'. Also is possibly shown in MTJ3 on pg 4. and pg 24. All 3 pictures by different artiest (MTJ1 Cover Dell Harris, MTJ3 pg 4 Mike Vilardi and MTJ3 pg 24 Blair Reynolds). Definitely not a K'Kree.

The Ma'arruri: a hexipedial sophont derived from hunter stock. Length 2.2 m from nose to tail (avg.). Three digits on each limb, all opposed. Lightly furred, with colors ranging from green to orange (you name it, it is). Trisexual: male, nurturer, female. Found usually on worlds with .7g and high humidity.
Major cultural attribute: they're snivelers. Nothing is right, or adequate, or enough. Don't invite to parties; not enough food, wrong music, etc. If they weren't so innovative in improving the performance of technology the recommendation would be to vaporise on contact. (Senior Scout Vlad Tsimshian, ethnologist, ISS Fortune's Fool)

Originally posted by ElHombre:
*Uplifted Races, Ursa* Good Grief, they Uplifted BEARS!!!
Does an Ursa take a Reader's Digest into the woods?
file_21.gif

Originally posted by plop101:
Flynn posts:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Uplifted Races, Apes - Solomani Rim (Terra) 1827
Does anyone know if there are any stats for these guys, especially in CT format? And what about prior career stuff? </font>[/QUOTE]And do they still fling their dookie at people?
file_21.gif

How about a race of uplifted parrots? They can already talk. I think we need some Huge 6 meter tall giants as well. And lets not forget the little folk. How about a Small race that stands under 1 meter tall?

"Prt' - Geneered by Hass'kor into sentience from carnivore/pouncer stock. Vaguely felinoid, 1m tall 25-30 kg, mostly bipedal, furry quadrupeds. Contacted by Hivers and civilized starting -2400ti. See JTAS 26 Contact!"

Big cats, not "little folk."

Back