• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Problems with the Classic Traveller Reprints

DonM

Marquis
Marc has asked to do a couple of things for him, and the first task is to identify EVERY problem that exists with the FFE Classic Traveller Reprints (these are the BFBs, NOT the CD-ROMs)...

FFE0001 The Classic Books 0-8.
FFE0002 The Classic Supplements 1-13.
FFE0003 The Classic Adventures 1-13.
FFE0004 The Classic Short Adventures 1-6+.
FFE0005 The Classic Games 1-6+.
FFE0006 Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society, Issues 1-12.
FFE0007 Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society, Issues 13-24.
FFE0008 Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society, Issues 25-36.
FFE0021 The Classic Alien Modules 1-4.
FFE0022 The Classic Alien Modules 5-8.

I am aware of the following issues:
1. Games: FFW is missing p. 20 (charts).
2. JTAS1-12: The asterioid mining flowchart in JTAS #3 is unreadable.
3. Aliens5-8: Droyne p. 7 is missing (text).

I've seen postings about the following issues, but I need more details:
1. Short Adventures: supposedly one of the books has the pages out of order... No idea which book, or what pages are out of order.
2. Games: supposedly the color plates are messed up for the games, but I don't know which plates.

The goal here is to take every problem and have all the files needed to get the information in the owners hands on the FFE website in one place. So, to accomplish this, we need to know what problems people found.

NOTE: I am aware that the Classic Books have the 2nd edition LBBs in them, so yes, the Jump Routes table is gone, and the pulse laser fix from Starter Traveller is also not there. That's not really what I'm looking for here...

Last edited:
NOTE: I am aware that the Classic Books have the 2nd edition LBBs in them, so yes, the Jump Routes table is gone, and the pulse laser fix from Starter Traveller is also not there. That's not really what I'm looking for here...

But those are issues that could be readily solved... they'd fit on a single page. Along with the 1st ed LBB damages, that's 2p... and lets players know that there was a 1st ed with different damages, so the still available 3rd party stuff may show these instead (and I know people who were still using 1st ed damages in 2004; lost touch with them since).

Last edited:
1. Short Adventures: supposedly one of the books has the pages out of order... No idea which book, or what pages are out of order.

The Marooned/Marooned Alone pages are really messed up. However as they are mostly a single page for each terrain type it's hard to spot some of it.

Here is the messed up page order:
Marooned pages 1-19
Marooned Alone pages 18-21
Marooned page 24 (map of Pagliacci)
Marooned Alone Cover
Marooned Alone pages 10-13
Marooned Alone pages 6-9
Marooned Alone inside cover, contents & page 5
Marooned Alone pages 14-17
Marooned pages 20-23
Marooned Alone pages 22-23

Phill
:paragraph:

Aramis... let me consider your idea separately.
I like the idea...

Phil: thank you.

Any other reprint issues?

Aramis... let me consider your idea separately.
I like the idea...

If you like that (and I do too :) ) will you consider the same treatment of the 1st printing of High Guard differences? They are kind of interesting in many ways, and some may even be usable with the 2nd printing (medical crew for one, which always felt like it got accidentally dropped).

Any other reprint issues?

I've only got the Books 0-8 and Supplements 1-13 ones and I don't recall any issues. But then I'm not sure I've gone over them entirely either. I'll take a look.

The Vargr Module is missing a basic char gen page; had to get it from the traveller adventure to roll....

I think it's page 16 that is missing from the module.

I think the scan resolution on the charts and tables of Starter Traveller PDF is way too low. I can hardly stand to look at the once they print out.

Jeffr0: is the Vargr page messed up in the BFB Aliens reprint?

far-trader: I don't have a copy of the 1st ed. HG or I'd consider it.

My perusal of the only ones I have ("Books 0-8" and "Supplements 1-13") didn't turn up any problems. I'd always felt they were perfect.

far-trader: I don't have a copy of the 1st ed. HG or I'd consider it.

I do have both and have been meaning to make a "changes" list for ages. This might be a good excuse :) I'll see if I can put it together and drop you a PM when I finish it, for your consideration.

Is there a reason that we never got The Spinward Marches Campaign & Atlas of the Imperium? in either the CD or in the dead tree edition?

Sorry, but I don't have any answers to "why" questions either...

So far, it looks like the problems with the BFB reprints are limited to:
1. Short Adventures: Marooned/Marooned Alone pages are out of order.
2. Games: FFW is missing p. 20 (charts).
3. JTAS1-12: The asterioid mining flowchart in JTAS #3 is unreadable.
4. Aliens5-8: Droyne p. 7 is missing (text).

Last call for submissions :)

I don't have it but I seem to recall a complaint about the Vargr (Alien Module) missing a character/career generation table page.

Can someone who owns FFE0021 The Classic Alien Modules 1-4 please confirm the Vargr page problem?

Can someone who owns FFE0021 The Classic Alien Modules 1-4 please confirm the Vargr page problem?
The Vargr Module is missing a basic char gen page; had to get it from the traveller adventure to roll....

I think it's page 16 that is missing from the module.
On the CT CDROM it is also/definitely p.16 that is missing from the Vargr module (but you're not interested in that in this thread ;)).

Back