• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Publishing your Traveller Setting?

Now Traveller can be played with many settings just as D&D can be published with many settings as well. So with that said I had a quick question to anyone who might know the laws about this. Is it possible to publish or self publish a codex of all your fluff (not rules just story elements) of a setting you designed. The setting would be indapendent of any mention to traveller refrences but also would be fully compatable with the rules given in the Traveller rulebook. So with that said is it legal to publish an indapendent add on to the game or would that be infringement on the trademarks and IP?

Logically I would think that it wouldn't be a problem, but then again laws are very rarely logical :rofl:

Thanks for the info everyone!

Check out Mongoose's website. It has all the info you'd need for publishing your own stuff under their system.

As was said, look at the Mongoose site. There is also a thread in their forums with lots of Q&A's on this topic.

In brief - You need to send in a form letter to tell them you wish to publish. OTU is off-limits in many ways, but not completely.

As was said, look at the Mongoose site. There is also a thread in their forums with lots of Q&A's on this topic.

In brief - You need to send in a form letter to tell them you wish to publish. OTU is off-limits in many ways, but not completely.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check up the leads on their forums to see what the process is in getting any future settings into the Traveller lineup.

Back