• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Rumors of my recent demise are propaganda!

Lord Liam.

Glad to hear you're on the mend... An appendectomy can be some nasty business, to be sure, what? Mine was downright undignified, to say the least, but at least they hooked me up with some cool staples for my incision... blasted sawbones!

(raises Glass)

Here's to a speedy recovery, Squire! (tink)

Baron S.
Thank you sir. Undignified, and feeling very useless with the "DO NOT LIFT ANYTHING EXCEEDING 15 LBs" orders.. I returned to work tonight, and am once again cruising these boards. ;) :eek:

Grand Master Liam writes:
Undignified, and feeling very useless with the "DO NOT LIFT ANYTHING EXCEEDING 15 LBs" orders..
Well, it may be undignified, but there is a reason: they don't want you pulling any of those stitches or staples out and opening the wound. They were very specific about that with my surgery; the doc said that if I lifted to much too early that the plates holding my skull together would pop out, which might cause me to have a brain hemorage or some such nasty complication. Whatever it was, I didn't want to have to deal with that problem. Also, since I was doing Chemo and Rad Treatment, I wasn't much in the mood for skipping and jumping anyway. They let me go after a month and a half; took me a little while to get back in shape at the health spa, but you will get your strength back eventually. Just give it time, and rest now.

Oh man, listen to Aravain:
Of course, during my time, us real men had to undergo REAL surgery,
Yeah, you come talk to me about real surgery, Aravain. I want to hear all about it
file_22.gif

Well, Plop, you got me beat with your brain surgery. :eek: Hope things are better for you!

However, I do have a "vasectomy from Hell" story that may garner a wince or two!! :( ....and I'll never look at grapefruits in the same way again! :D

I would also like to add Pilonidal Abcess* to the list of medical conditions to avoid... As Paulo as my witness, I nearly went completely mad from the pain... unable to walk, sit, move, or breathe comfortably... For months!

If I were an Evil Wizard, this would be the curse of curses...

* A HUGE abcess (that sends unbelieveable pain up your spinal column) formed in one of the Pilonidal Sinuses at the base of the pelvis, right above the ass crack... if you think its funny, you won't if you get one...

omega.gif

Thanks Plop101!
Aravain-can't say as I've had that one.. :eek:
Baron S-
- had that done in 82--the Pilonidal cyst (yep, the inflateable donut cushion fer classes in college! explain that one away as sexy..NOT!)
file_21.gif
file_28.gif

Aravain:
Well, Plop, you got me beat with your brain surgery. [Eek!] Hope things are better for you!
Actually, things are going quite well; the last MRI showed absolutely NOTHING in my head.

Er, uh, maybe I need to rephrase that. ;)

I'm still debating over whether I want to install Liam's Brain or Larsen Whipsnades' Brain up there. I have a little empty space to work with now :D Maybe I could but both in; they both have such wonderfull brains you know.
file_23.gif

Back