• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Scoutcat Companion Animal

Thanks! I really appreciate that. It makes spending the time to post these things worth it. I have a Kuklakan and a Sandgrab coming up next from Victoria's tales of hair-raising adventure, I'll try to get them done to the board's standards in a day or two. The first is an aquatic beast with an interesting lifecycle and the latter, a monster that turned the tables on its would-be exploiters and ate a colony. Both are player-tested and player-...I dunno if 'approved' is the right word but they did have fun during all the screaming and gunfire.

As an old Dungeon Master, I will say that having fun 'midst all the screaming and gunfire that it is player-approved.

From what I've read, it's my opinion that it is alive; it is gengineered; and it is cyber-enhanced.

*gleefully steals* :)

No problem, long as we're good.

Morphine and other neurological substances have a tendency to rewire or short out people.

Sometimes I get a mild allergic reaction to it and I snarl, snap, and feel like I want to claw my skin off. Like tiny itching ants under the skin. Today is like that since I needed to lunge for the larger dose to stave off really bad spasms triggered by merely using my airbrush on a model plane.

I like this as well, although I've not been keen on cybernetics and such in Traveller (like some others here, kinda stuck in the 70s version at times). However, my players are about to get to the Scout Way Station at Cyan, so I believe a few of these in the background could be interesting and add some color. One of the players is a Scout but failed survival after the 1st term. So he may not have heard of them yet is my running theory.

Thanks for the contribution - now to rewind the posts & find the description again.

Back