• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Seeking 1000-dton Medical Frigate stats...

Originally posted by GypsyComet:
As a practical matter, the ship should also have an empty docking port for whatever the most common subcraft in the fleet is.
I agree, but IMHO a simple docking collar shouldn't be calculated as a full-fledged subcraft facility. The additional airlock on the central cylinder, with no obstructions by other parts of the ship, should enable most small craft to dock with the ship "cheek-to-cheek".

Regards,

Tobias

Originally posted by Tobias:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GypsyComet:
As a practical matter, the ship should also have an empty docking port for whatever the most common subcraft in the fleet is.
I agree, but IMHO a simple docking collar shouldn't be calculated as a full-fledged subcraft facility. The additional airlock on the central cylinder, with no obstructions by other parts of the ship, should enable most small craft to dock with the ship "cheek-to-cheek".

Regards,

Tobias
</font>[/QUOTE]That's a deckplan thing, and the viability of ship-to-ship tube transfers will depend on whether or not you expect to do so in a warzone (ie. under fire) and what form the tube takes.

In the systems that handle it well, an external grapple for a Gig is 2 tons if you don't need streamlining, as much as 6 tons if you do.

A docking collar still runs to 20 tons, as it is setting room for the whole subcraft aside in the tonnage of the ship. This is worth doing if I want the ship to carry a complement of ambulance Gigs (a "Hospital Carrier"?), and is worth doing for a single Gig in any case, but I'm thinking more of temporary parking.

You could cover a hospital ship in external grapples as well, on the theory that recovery of as many Lifeboat Gigs as possible is worth doing (but not worth giving up a lot of *volume* to do). The jump range will degrade with all that extra volume attached, but "away" is where you wanted to get. "How far" away is a luxury question under battle conditions.

A small fleet of Gigs or Med Launches in grapples also makes for an interesting Medical Missionary ship, as noted above.

Originally posted by Jame:
Yep, that's it.
Still needs it's Drive letter codes, but otherwise a viable design if you make assumptions about what some of those staterooms are actually doing...

^ Y'all, remember that this is not a front line ship and as a designated non-combatant, should not carry any offensive weapons.

I've been cobbling together a deck plan based on the CT stats; so far here's my take:

- The hull is a converted 1000t M2/J2 squadron support ship
- She has locks designed to handle either a 20t or 30t boat (4.5m cargo door); same as the standard cargo transfer craft IMTU
- She carries two 30t boats for space SAR or ground medivac
- Unnecessary cargo space has been converted over to O/R's, an isolation ward, 2-3 large recovery wards, and a morgue/low berth bay
- Other cargo space has been retained for medical supplies and 1 pre-fab, field expedient emergency hospital unit (designed to deploy from and use a 30t boat for power and life support)
- Aside from crew, she hosts three 4 man surgical teams (1 triage, 2 operating), 3 medics/attendants per recovery room, 3 supply/admin personnel, and boat crews
- She is equipped with 4 decoy launchers (fore/aft, dorsal/ventral) and active ECM for defense; other hp's are emergency airlocks for lifeboats, etc.
- She is painted white with red stripes and illuminated bow to stern for easy identification; her transpoder reads non-combatant accompanied by a verbal warning on standard ship-to-ship emergency frequencies

I would expect this ship to be used predominately to 1) compliment an assault group's inherent medical capabilities, 2) act independently to support small scale natural disasters, or more likely 3) to ferry critical care patients from the assault group to planetary or orbital treatment facilities for follow on care.

Thanks, guys, for giving Flynn those frigate stats. That ship kicked our butts! :mad:

It damaged our ship (M drive cut in half, destroyed our cabins) so badly we had to jump within 45 diameters of the planet or die.

So now we've misjumped, and when we come out the other side, we're going to be naked as well as lost.
file_28.gif

It was a TNE 1248 Virus thing. A Vampire medical frigate was "reawakened" by another Virus-controlled vessel, and decided to begin creating an army of cybernetic servants to take care of the day-to-day operations. The party decided they didn't like it and tried to nuke it from orbit. Things didn't quite go as planned, though...

Once these guys recover from their current predicament, we'll see what happens next in that storyline.

Enjoy,
Flynn

Which one did you use? I'd like to know if I was responsible for your characters' misfortunes. =)

Regards,

Tobias

I ended up using a mixture of different things from the various designs. I think I got the weapons systems from yours, though, so yes, you are responsible for their misfortunes. ;)

-Flynn

I think so, but they've only dealt with the weapons for the moment, so we'll have to wait and see what they do once they get out of their current predicament....

-Flynn

Back