• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Seeking players for Wednesday night 1830 - 2200 hrs Pacific

Milieu

The campaign setting will focus on the Darrian Subsector to start. The Characters are being hired as “First in” reconnaissance personnel for one of the Darrian services as of 01-1102. While Characters of Solomani / Vilani appearance / coloration will find it easier to start, any race* is acceptable. While not being pessimistic, an named heir might be to your benefit.

Where things go after the adventure is up to the players. Possessing a ship is not important at this stage, save up those Ship Shares for now if you would.

* K’Kree need not apply.

Character Creation

Standard and Solo Generation rules with one modification.

The modification is that, during the Skills and Training step, instead of choosing a table and then rolling to see what skill you gain, I am allowing you to choose the skill from that table. If you prefer to let the dice choose for you, that’s perfectly fine with me. Everything else remains the same.

Solo generation characters can choose to have connections with either Darrian or Imperial sources, with the preference towards Darrian sources. The skill gained should be one from the nearest equivalent career… i.e. Connection to Darrian Naval Intelligence, one should roll on the AGENT career.

Some Darrian organizations are:
The Darrian Council
The Darrian Confederation Government
The Ministry of Information
The Ministry of Defense (and its 3 subdivisions, Army, Navy, and Special Arm)
The Court of Confederation Appeals (this would be akin to the Imperial Ministry of Justice)
Daryen Lonen Dodhin Notihl (Darrian Astrography Service) would be akin to the Imperial Scout Service

Note that your FIRST LANGUAGE does NOT count for purposes of Skill Totals

Languages include
Galanglic (Imperium, Solomani Confederation, the “common” tongue)
Zdetl (Zhodani)
Te-zapet (Darrian, correct title is Te-zlodh)
Sagamaal (Sword Worlds)
Trokh (Aslan)
Gvegh (Vargr, the most common one in the Spinward Marches)

Resources used
Mongoose materials as a base, but I have access to and may use CT, BITS, TNE, Gurps, Heros, d20, Flynns’ guide to Robots (one day), Special Supplement 6, and even non-Traveller material if applicable. There will be various photos, images, drawings, etc. I try to make sure everyone will receive the information (via PDF’s). If you don’t see something, ask. I may have the information here or I’ll hit the books. Likewise any distributions I make are only for playing purposes and in no way am I claiming any copyright. All rights remain to their owners.

Screen monkey
I’ll be using Screen Monkey for the “table” of the game. It will serve both as a background and as a battlefield. It doesn’t have VoIP although that doesn’t preclude someone setting it up (I do have Skype and will be running that as the VoIP) . I will email you with any updates, additions, etc as well as the “web address” of the game and the pass word to get in. You don’t need the program to play, all you need is a “current (IE 5.5 or later, FF is fine) web browser”. I will be using published materials for the adventures, with a few “home-grown” missions.

Games will run on Wednesdays, 630 PM (local Pacific Coast time) to no later than 10 PM.

You will have to choose a 32x32 pixel avatar for the game. I’ve got about 100 odd on file (and which you will see) but if one doesn’t strike your fancy, make your own and send me a copy. (in gif or jpg format)

If interested let me know. I've 2-3 local players lined up, can take about 3 or so more. I would like to start on the 1st of October, but more likely the 8th.

Take care

E. Herdan

Holy crap, I did a time zone conversion, and it looks like my class ends tens minutes before the start of your game, and taking driving into account...I'd be late by about ten minutes.

Any chance I could drop in to see the next game?

Back